[01]

I

I

𝐈 am a bitch.

No seriously, I am.

My reputation as an assassin was legendary in New York, maybe even in the entire country. But that all changed when I fled the city to escape the bloody aftermath of my father's murder.

I returned to Russia and life was seemingly normal for a few years.

Have you ever felt like you have no control over anything that goes on in your life? Well I have a dark secret. A dark past.

Thats why I evaded the city, in order to give myself the life I felt I deserved. I chose to start over, I figured out the hard way that the only person I could rely on was me. I had to learn to take care of myself at a young age and learn how to fight as well as defend myself.

But it wasn't enough.

I still had unanswered questions about my past and why I lived the life I lived growing up.

Mom used to tell me I didn't choose this life, it chose me.

She also used to say that revenge is the path to self destruction.

Returning back to New York could be a huge mistake, but only time will tell. Everybody knows my name here.

Maybe this is for the better... or for the worst. I guess we'll have to find out...

 I guess we'll have to find out

"Lana, wake up. We have just landed." My best
friend, Tanya whispers. I turn my head and open my eyes, painfully squinting as light swamps my blurred vision.

I let out an overly dramatic groan and snatch my bag from the seat besides me, taking a brief glance out of the window whilst doing so.

I hate to say it, but for once in my life, I actually feel nervous for whats to come.

New York was my crown jewel and I'm determined to take it back, no matter what it takes. No matter who I have to cross. It also just so happens to be the last place I saw my family. November sixth. The day my life fell apart.