[35]

XXXV

XXXV

The day is finally here.

The day we end Luca, and also the day everyone finds out I'm alive again.

I was abruptly woken at 5am to help take in the shipments of weapons. Machine guns, rifles, shotguns, you name it. We have everything and more, Luca has no chance up against us.

James is in charge of setting up snipers around Luca's location. I offered to go with him but he pulled the 'you're supposed to be dead' card, which I can't exactly argue with as it was my idea in the first place.

Marco has been non stop calling me, trying to figure out the role in which I'll play tonight, but I honestly don't want to talk to him right now. The decline button has been my best friend.

I just hope he doesn't fuck this up. He's too cocky, dominant, bold, and will do absolutely anything to make a point.

I'm just so excited for Luca to be gone. After, we can actually live our lives, party, and do whatever the fuck we want. Our lives will actually feel like ours again.

Whatever Luca is planning, he's doing a shitty job at it. He failed his solitary attempt of killing me, which firstly is embarrassing, and secondly shows me how weak he actually is. Next time I come across one of his men, I'll skin him alive and send him right back to him. It's like a redundant, murderous cycle between us.

But today is different. Today is the day we break the cycle, the day we have all been anticipating for. The day Luca will get what's been coming for him.

And I cannot wait to see his head on a stick.

My mother insisted that I take some time out of the day to look over Martínez's hideouts in New Jersey and New York. I've been sat here for an hour now, sorting out paperwork and making a list of all the hideouts.

I am bored to death but know this will be useful for our attack later.

I quickly flick through the mountain of paperwork to check it is all complete, anxious to get out of this office. The room is almost dead silent, only the sound of my heel tapping up and down keeping me sane.

"Done." I say with a sigh of relief, leaning back in my seat. Mom looks over at me from the other side of the room with a smile on her face. "Good job." She says in appreciation, as she picks up the file from the desk and flicks through it.

"Hm. He has more hideouts than expected. I'll get Harvey on this, he'll be able to pinpoint the most significant ones." Mom says with a slightly concerned face. I nod as she turns on her heel and walks towards the door.

I only get one quick look at the back of her head before the door slams behind her, leaving me sat in total silence.

I can almost feel myself doze off before the door bursts open, revealing my rather energetic sister.