[06]

VI

VI

"𝐈 don't have time for your games, Marco." I say, turning back around to the elevator we came up in. Suddenly, he grabs me and forcefully pushes me up against the wall to catch my attention, his other hand wrapping around my throat. I flinch from the impact as he slightly leans down so his face is in line with mine.

"You think this is a fucking game? The French are here, my team have notified me that they have been spotted on a CCTV camera outside. You wont know this but they have been working with the Mexican's for years." He explains.

I lift up my dress and pull out my gun that was hiding beneath it. Marco's eyes follow my every movement as I position it directly between his eyes. "Don't lie to me." I snap, hovering the gun around in the air.

"I wont repeat myself again, Lana." He contests, pushing me harder against the firm wall. I look away for a split second and when I look back, find the gun is now turned on me. His eyes go cold and he steps back. With brutal efficiency, he grabs me and spins me around, pressing me against the wall. He then grabs my hands and puts them behind my back, gripping them tightly. Suddenly, I feel the cold nozzle of a gun pressed onto my head.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" I ask, spinning myself around and kicking him hard, breaking free from his grip. The gun falls to the ground and I take this opportunity to grab it.

I point the gun back at him.

"Fuck you." I yell.

"You should slow down on that champagne." He says, pointing to my half empty glass. "Seems to be getting to your head."

I cock an eyebrow before reaching for the glass but Marco moves hastily and grabs it, drinking the remaining contents to irritate me. I step closer to him and trace my thumb across his champagne-wet lip, then seductively put it in my mouth and suck off the alcohol. I look up at him and sneer under my lashes. "I'm going to protect my family." I say.

"You will get yourself killed, Lana." He replies, still fazed from my previous action. "I don't care." I spit, before stepping back into the elevator. Marco tosses the glass across the room and quickly follows.

The elevator comes to a halt and I quickly spring out of it. My thoughts cannot process themselves before two men come running at me, both equipped with knives and guns. One of the two men throw a knife but I instantly duck and it pierces the wall behind me, just inches from Marco.

Next, the same man raises his gun. I quickly pull out mine, giving him no time to think, and shoot first. The bullet punctures it's way through the man's head, creating a gaping hole which instantly fills with blood. The other man throws another knife. This time it lands on the cold tiled floor a few inches before me.