Epilogue

The night was a beautiful one as the stars shone brightly in the sky. Nkem and Marco had been busy all day, making preparations for the dinner that they would host later that night. It was a special occasion, as Marco's parents and siblings, along with their partners and children, would be coming over to their home for dinner.

Nkem smiled as she stirred the pot of jollof rice, her signature dish. She could hear the kids playing in the living room, their laughter filling the entire apartment. It was a beautiful day, and she was looking forward to spending it with her family.

As they put the final touches on the meal, Marco sneaked up behind Nkem and wrapped his arms around her waist. She smiled and leaned back into him, enjoying the warmth of his embrace.

"Hey, handsome," she said, returning his smile.

"Hey, gorgeous," he replied, kissing her on the lips this time. "What smells so good?"

"Jollof rice," she said, holding up the wooden spoon. "I'm making it for your parents and your siblings."

"Sounds delicious," he said, stealing another kiss. I can't believe it's been ten years since we first met," Marco said, resting his chin on her shoulder.

Nkem turned around to face him, her eyes twinkling with joy. "Time flies, doesn't it? I can't believe we have a family of our own now."

They both looked over at their three children, who were busy arguing and making a mess of their living room. Matteo, the youngest, was trying to get the attention of his older siblings, Luca and Sophia, who were locked in a heated debate about who would get to choose the movie they would watch after dinner.

Nkem laughed at their antics, feeling grateful for the chaos that their children brought to their lives.

As they finished up their preparations, the doorbell rang, and Marco rushed to answer it. Nkem took one last look around the house, making sure everything was in order before joining him in the living room.

The room was alive with chatter and laughter as Marco's family members greeted each other and caught up on each other's lives. Nkem was welcomed with open arms, and she felt a sense of belonging that she had never experienced before.

As they sat down for dinner, Marco's mother asked about the twins, and Nkem explained that they were back in Nigeria with her parents. Marco's father raised an eyebrow, but Nkem ignored it, knowing that he was still struggling to accept her because of her race.

The rest of the evening passed in a blur of food, wine, and laughter. The children eventually settled down, and the adults retired to the living room to enjoy coffee and dessert.

As the night drew to a close, Marco stood up and addressed his family. "I just want to thank you all for coming tonight. It means a lot to me and Nkem to have you all here. We are so blessed to have each other, and I am grateful for every single one of you."

Nkem looked at him with love in her eyes, feeling blessed to have such a wonderful man by her side.

"I love you," Marco whispered, leaning in to kiss her.

"I love you too," Nkem replied, feeling a sense of peace and contentment wash over her.

As they said their goodbyes and hugged their family members, Nkem knew that she was exactly where she was meant to be. With Marco, their children, and their extended family, surrounded by love and joy, she knew that her life was complete.

THE END!!!!!!!!!

It has been lovely writing this book and I feel so proud that I could actually finish this. Thank you all don't forget to comment and vote also.