Chapter four

Nkem sat at her desk, staring blankly at her laptop screen. She couldn't concentrate on her work, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of Marco. It had been almost a week since their first date, and she couldn't stop thinking about him.

She checked her phone for the hundredth time, hoping for a message from him. Nothing. She sighed and leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes and letting out a deep breath. She needed to focus on her studies and her future, not some guy she barely knew.

But try as she might, she couldn't get Marco out of her head. She wondered if he was thinking about her, too. She wondered if he was regretting their date, or if he was already seeing someone else.

She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. She needed to be practical. She couldn't let herself get too attached to someone who might not even be in her life a few months from now.

Just then, her phone buzzed. She quickly checked it, her heart skipping a beat when she saw it was from Marco.

"Hey Nkem, how's your week been? Can we meet up again soon?"

She felt a smile spread across her face as she quickly typed back, "I've been good, thanks for asking! And yes, I would love to see you again soon. How about this weekend?"

Marco responded quickly, "Sounds great! How about Saturday afternoon? There's a new museum exhibit I've been dying to see."

Nkem agreed eagerly, feeling a rush of excitement at the thought of seeing Marco again. She couldn't wait to see where this would go.