Chapter two

Chapter Two: First Encounters

Nkem and Marco began their literature class together, sitting on opposite ends of the classroom. Nkem found herself constantly glancing over at Marco, admiring his sharp features and the way his eyes lit up when he spoke about the books they were reading.

Marco, on the other hand, was drawn to Nkem's quiet confidence and the way she listened intently during class discussions. He found himself eagerly anticipating their next class together, hoping to catch another glimpse of her.

As the semester progressed, Nkem and Marco began to interact more in class. They would often find themselves in small group discussions together, exchanging ideas and debating the themes of their assigned readings.

Outside of class, they would occasionally run into each other on campus, exchanging polite greetings and brief small talk. Nkem found herself looking forward to these chance encounters, feeling her heart skip a beat whenever she saw Marco's familiar face.

One day, after class, Marco approached Nkem and asked if she would like to grab a coffee with him. Nkem hesitated for a moment, feeling a flutter of nerves in her stomach, before agreeing.

As they sipped their coffees, Nkem and Marco talked for hours about everything from their favorite authors to their childhoods. Nkem found herself opening up to Marco in a way she never had before, feeling a deep connection between them.

As they parted ways that evening, Marco asked Nkem if she would like to go out with him again sometime. Nkem agreed, feeling a sense of excitement and anticipation for what the future might hold between them.