Chapter twenty five

Nkem looked at her phone and saw that it was Marco who was calling. She smiled, feeling a wave of happiness wash over her. She had been working hard at her new job as the head of PR for a prestigious company, and the last time she had seen Marco was when he surprised her with a brand new Mercedes Benz outside a little cafe. She couldn't wait to see him again.

"Hey, Marco," she answered, trying to sound calm even though her heart was racing. "What's up?"

"I was thinking we could go out to lunch," he said. "I'm in the area and I wanted to see you."

Nkem's heart skipped a beat. She couldn't believe that Marco was nearby and wanted to see her. She quickly checked her schedule and saw that she had a free hour for lunch.

"Sure, that sounds great," she said, trying to hide her excitement.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up in 20 minutes," Marco said, and then hung up.

Nkem quickly grabbed her purse and headed out of her office. She was so excited to see Marco and couldn't wait to find out what he had in store for her.

As she walked out of her building, she saw Marco's sleek black car waiting for her at the curb. He stepped out of the car and smiled when he saw her.

"Hey, beautiful," he said, wrapping his arms around her.

Nkem melted into his embrace, feeling so happy and loved. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have such an amazing man in her life.

They got into the car and drove to a beautiful restaurant by the water. Marco had made reservations, and they were seated at a table with a stunning view of the harbor.

Over lunch, they caught up on what had been happening in their lives. Nkem told Marco about her new job and how much she was enjoying it. Marco talked about his family and his business, and how things were going with his siblings.

As they finished their meal, Marco leaned across the table and took Nkem's hand.

"I have something to tell you," he said, his eyes locking onto hers.

Nkem's heart skipped a beat. She could tell that whatever Marco had to say was important.

"I've been thinking a lot about us," he continued. "And I know that we've been together for a while now, but I want you to know that I'm committed to you. I love you, Nkem, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Nkem's eyes widened in shock. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Marco wanted to spend the rest of his life with her? She felt tears welling up in her eyes as she looked at him, feeling overwhelmed with love and emotion.

"I love you too, Marco," she said, her voice shaking. "I want to be with you forever."

Marco grinned, taking her hand in his. "That's all I needed to hear," he said, his eyes sparkling with joy.

They left the restaurant, hand in hand, feeling more in love than ever before. Nkem knew that this was the start of a new chapter in their lives, and she couldn't wait to see what the future held for them.