Ch. 31: Secrets we keep

Carl raged, his chest heaving. “It’s me you want! Just let them go!”

 “But where’s the fun in that?” Zion looked at him with real malice shining in his eyes, standing in front of Aiden’s body.

“You’re going nuts because your daddy didn’t have what it takes to survive prison with the big dogs?” Carl said, his tone purely acerbic. “He died like a useless mutt and didn’t leave any scrape bones for you to lick on?”

“Shut the fuck up!” Zion stood up and walked dangerously close to Carl. He jabbed a finger into his chest, “You’re going to watch me kill both of them before I deal with your sorry ass.” An evil smirk hinted on his lips. “Spoiler alert, you won’t be able to do anything about it.”

With a blank stare in his eyes, Carl whispered, “I’d like to see you try motherfucker.”

“Sit his smart ass in the chair,” he told the two henchmen. “And bring his lover boy, we’re going to have so much fun together Carl.”

Tension knotted Carl’s muscles as he was now being dragged across the trailer. He was forced to sit on a tiger chair. A steel chair that has affixed leg irons and handcuffs, mostly used to restrain a person in the most painful positions during torture. To be honest, it was hopeless but Carl wasn’t going to give Zion the satisfaction of watching him squirm or beg. People like him were like a virus, ready to feed and grow on other people’s fears.

Not today Satan.   

A dark chilling look came over Zion’s face. “You like an ice cold swim, Aiden?” he slowly shifted his attention to Aiden then sank to his heels, down to the man’s level. With a dislocated jaw hurting like a motherfucker, Aiden figured talking back wouldn’t help him in any way. “I will take your silence as a yes then.”

Uncertainty flickered through Carl’s eyes when he saw a table being set up with a huge dish of sloshing liquid. “What are you going to do with all that?”

“You know what makes water boarding such an attractive torture technique, Carl?” Zion had Aiden moved from his initial position and tied down on a bench, lying with his face upwards. “It causes great physical and mental suffering, yet leaving no marks on the body. Like nothing ever happened.”

“You’re just a sadistic fuck Zion, you need help,” Carl’s heartbeat halted as his eyes fell across the man he loved, strapped down to a bench—about to get a repugnant form of torture while he just sat there being a spectator, doing nothing to save him. His throat working, Carl tried to negotiate, “you really don’t have to do this.”

“Now we’re getting somewhere.” Zion’s vicious smile stretched.

A cloth was suddenly placed on Aiden’s face. And then with ice cold bone chilling water from the dish, Zion poured the liquid on Aiden’s face continuously until he was choking, fighting for breath and slipping into unconsciousness. Aiden slowly started to lose sense of time, he couldn’t breathe. The man was practically drowning in his own lungs. The worst feeling ever.