Ch. 28: Bad husband

Ch. 28: Bad husband

“Rapunzel,” Aiden murmured while sliding his fingers through Carl’s locs and kissed the top of his head. “I hate doing this to you but you have to get up.”

Carl slightly shifted in-between the silky sheets though his eyes remained stubbornly closed.

His hand began to gently brush along Carl’s rear making him mumble something incoherent in his sleep, most probably a curse. “Carl, wake up.” Aiden spoke low but with enough authority in his voice that demanded the man to do as he asked.

Carl slowly raised his head from the soft continental pillow, eyelids weighing heavy and thick with exhaustion. “Jesus, don’t you get tired?” he groaned. “We literally fucked the whole night.”

Gradually pulling off him, Aiden seemed more or less amused with his husband. “I didn’t wake you up to…” his mind instantly recollected to their late night passionate romps and heat slithered through him. Aiden’s breath slightly hitched when he felt a spur further down south. “Something came up and I need to be back in LA as soon as possible.” 

“Is everything okay?” Carl mumbled, sitting up straight as the fog of sleep hovering over him started to slowly dissipate.

“It’s nothing that can’t be fixed.” Aiden stated, suddenly avoiding direct eye contact with Carl. “Get dressed we’ll be leaving in a few minutes.”

Carl’s brows came down into a barely perceptible frown but still complied with his request. “You already booked us a return flight in that short period of time?”  

Aiden’s gaze swept over Carl who was now fumbling with some clothes he had neatly arranged on the bed for him. “No, we’re going to use my jet.” he said as if it was the most common thing in this world and Carl had to fight his jaw not to hit the floor. “It’s faster that way.”

A short breathless laugh broke in Carl’s throat. “You have a personal jet?”

The amusement in Carl’s tone grabbed Aiden’s attention. “Yes.” his gaze sashayed past Carl’s chest as he was throwing a shirt over his head. “You sound… surprised.”

“Dude how loaded are you again?” Carl asked, honing his eyes on the other man. “Seriously.”

Keeping his response elusive, Aiden smirked. “Enough to own a private jet I guess?”

Carl cocked an eyebrow and surveyed the man before him. “Of course.”

It didn’t take too much time for them to complete the checking out process at the hotel they were staying and to reach the airport. Aiden found his gut tightening with anxiety—guilt taking most part at the idea of his lover being oblivious to the real reason they were traveling back to Los Angeles.

Besides the kidnaper stripping his option to blabber, Aiden was definitely not going to fill-in Carl about Stacy’s DNA results let alone her sudden abduction until he knew for sure the brat was safe and sound.