Ch. 24: Two shots of tequila

After enjoying some street shrimp-stuffed pita, the newlyweds decided to explore what Israel had to offer. They exhausted most of the afternoon floating in therapeutic waters of Dead Sea, being pampered by the world’s largest natural spa and soaking up the Israeli sun.

“What?” Aiden laughed when he caught his husband shamelessly staring.

“Just enjoying the view,” The corner of Carl’s lips tugged slightly up into a smirk. “And it’s quite a pleasant one.”

“Don’t give me that look, Carl.” Aiden averted his gaze.

“What look?” Carl swam towards Aiden who was spread out like a starfish.

“You know when you’re fucking someone special, you look them in the eye and in those five or so seconds you feel there’s no one else but them, and you can’t help yourself but smile.” Aiden sounded serious. “That’s the look.”  

Carl cleared his throat, trying to ease the rawness in it. “Shit dude,” he chuckled breathlessly. “are you trying to get me worked up or what?”

Aiden cursed softly underneath his breath.

“Tell me about you,” Carl quickly steered the subject to a safer zone. Considering there were other tourists flocking the area, this wasn’t exactly the appropriate time to let his dick take over his senses. “I don’t want us to be strangers in this partnership.”

Silence fell before them, pronounced but nothing near uncomfortable.

“Hm,” Aiden hummed on his response, silver eyes dead-on those glimmering amber ones. “What do you want to know?”

“If you weren’t running a lucrative construction company what would you do?” asked Carl mindlessly.

Floating a fraction closer to Carl, Aiden’s eyes crinkled. “Don’t you want to take an intelligent guess?”

Carl licked his lips and feigned a thinking expression. “With that entire brooding aura you’ve got going on, I’d certainly go for a professional boxer but I think I know better.” he flashed a grin. “I’m thinking something more chill but I’m having a hard time isolating the options in my head.”

“Yeah, right.” Aiden snorted. “Like you have any options right now.”

“Trust me I do have quite a number of options.” he assured.

“Yeah, so?”

“I’d rather not tell.”

Aiden arched his brow, he appeared amused. “Sounds like a sly way of getting what you want from me.”