Ch. 5: Crawling back to you

“I think you lost me right there.” Aiden shook his head, confusion written all over his face. “I’m sorry what?” He studied the English man seated at the opposite end the boardroom table who was not doing much to hide the lack of respect radiating on his features the moment their gazes interlocked.

Chester Walker, British royal spokesperson kept his eyes on Aiden’s face. His expression was unfaltering, cold and condescending. “Like I said before, the royal family is proposing to withdraw the deal they had set with Black Inc—did you even bother reading the bloody email sent to you three days ago Mr. Black?”

Aiden leaned back into his swiveling black leather chair eyes honing directly into Chester’s dusty brown irises. “Of course I did not read your absurd email, Walker. Is the royal family a bunch of walking pussies that much? Too scared to close a deal with a company headed by an Iraqi just because of stupid political indifferences that you have with my country? This is corporate universe, nothing to do with politics.”

The Europeans didn’t seem too pleased with Aiden’s insolent statement aimed at the crown. The frowns of disapproval plastered on all of their faces were enough to prove that fact.

Another Brit, a few years older than Chester finally spoke up, voice hardened. “Whatever political information you may have concerning the monarch is erroneous. It is in every legal fitting that we have the privileges of withdrawing from this proposed contract if certain expectations required by the monarch have not been met. In this case, you Mr. Black clearly don’t have the American citizenship.”

“And why the fuck does it matter to the royal family if I don’t have the American citizenship? I have an updated working permit and that should be enough to conduct business legally in this country.” Aiden got to his feet then, clearly he was pissed off. “If this was the only reason you flew all over to Los Angeles, I hate to say you have wasted both our time.”

“I don’t understand why you’re being so stubborn about the situation Mr. Black. It’s only a matter of getting a bloody green card and everyone is happy.” Chester stared up at Aiden with determination in his eyes. “This is a game changing deal for your company whether you want to admit it or not.”

Something about this guy was setting Aiden’s mood on the dangerous edge of breaking his jaw. Who told him he was in desperate need for an American citizenship anyway? What a presumptuous son of a bitch. “Tell the royal family to go fu…”

“Gentlemen please settle down,” Giovanni, CEO of Bravucci Wineries and a prominent investor in this deal was quick to pour a gallon of sand in a brewing whirlwind of blazing flames being stirred by his best friend. There’s no way he was going to sit there and watch everything they had worked for in years burn into useless ashes in a matter of seconds. “There is certainly no need for all this drama, my colleague Aiden here is getting married in a few months time and he’s going to take the American citizenship.”