Ch. 19: Losing control

Carl

Aiden never called him that. It was always ‘Morrison’ but somehow the man made his name sound like a personal wake up call. Carl could sense the desperation in Aiden’s voice but that didn’t stop him one bit. He was now on a roll.

Carl looked at Aiden with incredulity painted on his handsome face. “You were prepared to kill me for something I didn’t even do but now that we have the real McCoy you want to back out?”

“It’s not that simple,” Aiden groaned. Carl was losing his mind and he didn’t know how to handle this dilemma. Things were about to get messy. “Just give me the match box in your hand okay? No one needs to get hurt today.”

“You do realize how much of a moron you sound like right now?” Carl simply scoffed. “Which side are you on, Aiden? Because to me it looks like you’re siding with the same people who ra—”

“Shut the fuck up, Morrison.” Aiden said, his breath hitching inside his nostrils. “You don’t understand the gravity of what you’re about to do.”

“I know exactly what I’m doing, Aiden.” Carl retorted and walked right back into the torture room with the Iraqi directly on tow.

“Hey,” Aiden’s voice softened as he grabbed Carl’s bicep, managing to halt his movements. “Once it’s done it’s done. There are no take backs and I know you don’t want that on your conscience.”

“You know nothing about what I want,” Shaking his head, Carl looked at Aiden directly in the eyes. He pulled himself away, leaving Aiden right there gaping. “Nothing.”

Aiden watched from his position unmoving as Carl walked towards the tied up hostages. “Why did you do it?” he heard Carl asking Monty with a quiet voice. Too quiet and that made Aiden’s jaw tighten. He didn’t want to know why someone could have a heart to rip apart an angel’s wings and leave such a beautiful creature bleeding on a side road. Yasmin didn’t deserve any of that cruelty she received from Monty and the other hundred anonymous who hid behind a screen and said brutal things about her on social media. That shit could break anyone.

Like a sick man he was, Monty began to laugh as if this was the most comical movie scene he had ever seen in his life. “You wanted to keep her all for yourself Carl, whatever happened to sharing is caring man?” he adjusted his body on the chains, grinning. “I would stand at Yasmin’s window like a love sick puppy taking pictures of her every single night while you got to fuck her. I shouldn’t be the one to tell you that wasn’t fair, Carl. She was indeed a good lay if I can say so myself, now I see why you wanted her for yourself.”