[5] Group Presentation (1/2)

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘹𝘺𝘴𝘮𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺.

After three days, Saturday soon came around.

Taking the train lines of B City, Gu Xiao followed the GPS but, sadly, got lost many times before finally arriving at the set destination.

Examining the residence, he had to blink a few times before confirming if the house before him was even a house and not some movie set. The walls were glistening clean, and the sunlight reflected on the tall glass windows, immediately bringing a tinge of shine and luxury to the exterior. Freshly trimmed hedges travelled down to the main entrance, and a large fountain sat on the side where birds perched and chirped with the noisy cicadas.

Gu Xiao stood in front of the tall gates, and his neck grew sore after staring at the top of the gate for too long.

He had thought about this before, but he kept thinking about it again and again. He knew Lan Yuning was filthy rich, but this was beyond his imagination. Everything about him never ceased to amaze him.

However, beneath that awe and surprise laid hints of solemnness when he saw this house. He wasn't feeling melancholic for himself, but for Lan Yuning.

Ringing the bell, someone walked out and opened the gates for him. He assumed this man was his driver, since he remembered vaguely seeing this face when Lan Yuning got picked up.

When Gu Xiao finally stepped into the house, Zhang Yongyin immediately tackled him down.

"Why are you so late?"

"I got lost. When did you get here?"

"Thirty minutes ago."

Lan Yuning walked downstairs, and he and the man exchanged glances, or more like him, glaring with contempt as though he was telling the man to leave.

Although the reason behind Lan Yuning's looks was vague, it definitely wasn't a sort of friendly look, and the man didn't look all too pleased either. However, he walked away in the end.

"Student President!" Gu Xiao beamed brightly that lifted the sunken tension in the air.

As always, Lan Yuning just responded with a word that was too quiet for his ears to hear. But it was probably just a sigh.

Entering his room, a large bed on the side with an entire wall window reaching from the ground to the ceiling. There was even a balcony outside the window that had a complete set of polished tables and chairs. Nothing was out of place.

Song Anwen waved with a gentle smile. "Gu Xiao, you're here."

"Yeah, sorry for being late."

Although Gu Xiao would typically behave recklessly, something about the environment pressed him down.

He had been stealing multiple glances at Lan Yuning ever since he came. Seeing him in any other clothes other than the school or gym uniform was something new to his eyes. Although he was simply wearing another plain white t-shirt and shorts, those simple clothes somehow looked different on him.

Lan Yuning returned his stares back after Gu Xiao countlessly kept glimpsing at him. With his refined face, his pair of clouded eyes instantly washed Gu Xiao's mind into a state of vacuity.

As always, Gu Xiao offered another foolish smile, and the other shunted his laughter, walking down to the table.

Lan Yuning had two different types of silences. One was the silence he used as a response, and it was up to the listener to decide whether he meant yes, no, or a greeting. And the other was the silence of being absorbed in his thoughts.