Homebound

Mitchell held me tightly to his chest that night, played with my hair, and smothered me with occasional kisses yet I still struggled to sleep. It wasn't just the trauma of visiting a dark time in my life because I'd moved on from that but Tía's words kept playing in my head.

Mitchell fell off to sleep and the rhythm of his chest from his steady breathing didn't act as a lullaby for the first time. My mind was too preoccupied and my heart hurt as I thought about how there was a time that my mother didn't want me.

I managed to get a few hours of sleep and when I awoke, the bed was empty and I heard the shower running. I sighed, grabbed Mitchell's pillow, and cuddled it to catch a few more minutes of sleep. It felt as if my eyes were closed for only five minutes when Mitchell's rough knuckles brushed against my cheekbone and then his lips captured mine. 

My eyes fluttered opened and I was greeted by a shirtless Mitchell, seated beside me with wet hair. His eyes bore into mine, and lips curved at the sides into a small grin. "Morning Beautiful."

I blinked, stretched, and half-grinned, "Morning." My eyes traveled down from his face to his lean torso and then to the towel that hung low around his hips. I licked my lips, "I could get used to waking up to this."

Mitchell shook his head and rolled his eyes before looking at me seriously. "How are you feeling?"

"Perfeco," I smiled.

He shot me a look which told me he didn't buy my words. "Mila."

I sighed, shut my eyes for a minute, and said in a soft voice, "I'll be fine."

While the pad of his thumb brushed against my cheekbone, his eyes warmly gazed into mine. "It's okay not to be alright for a while. And in those moments, I'm here for you, always."

I reached for his hand and wrapped my fingers around his. "I know and I appreciate you... so much."

Mitchell leaned down and lovingly brushed his lips over mine. I inhaled sharply and the mere contact of our lips set alight sparks in my stomach. He pulled away too quickly but his lips lingered as he stared into my wide eyes and whispered, "I love you."

I combed my fingers through his wet hair and smiled, "Tu más."

Mitchell pulled away a fraction and pursed his lips. "Hmm," he hummed. "If you didn't look so beautiful right now, I'd dispute that."

"Oh?" I arched a brow. "Is that what we're going with so you don't have to accept that when it comes to me, you're a sore loser?"

Mitchell's lips twitched at the sides and his eyes darkened a shade. "You don't want to play this game right now," he said in an extra husky, deep voice.

"It's okay, my ass is accustomed to your spanks now," I cheekily replied. 

Mitchell smirked and amusement mixed with desire flashed in his eyes. "You know," he hoarsely said as he pressed a kiss over my collarbone. "When punishment feels like exoneration," he lowered the comforter and moved his lips to my breasts that were covered by a flimsy cami. My breathing picked up and my lips parted when he pressed open mouthed kisses over the thin fabric and my nipples hardened. I let out a loud gasp when he bit my nipple and continued, "a harsher penalty has to be set."

Mitchell bit down harder on one nipple and he pinched the opposite one with the same kind of force. I gasped and moaned a little too loudly which made him immediately pull away with a chuckle. "Shh."

"Yeah, I don't want Abuela to get angrier at me," I muttered and my moment of glee disappeared just like that.

Mitchell's smile dropped and he pulled away. "Once you explain everything to her, she'll be fine."