74

"Who are you?" I asked narrowing my eyes on the tall dark haired boy. He had hair flapping over his face as well as grey and black clothing. He had his arms folding and was leaning against the bar frame with a smirk on his face.
"Well it's good to see you too, Miss Madison Thompson." He said in a scruffy but clear voice.

He started advancing towards me and could feel my heart about to explode out of my chest as he reached me.

Then the weirdest thing happened.

He touched my face.
As in, he touched my face!

Why is he touching my face?

Is there something on it?

Am I going red?

Wait, are his hands still on my face?!

Stop touching my face!

Oh wait, I didn't say it out loud...

"Stop touching my face!" I said a bit too loud and he didn't even flinch. "Who even are you?" I said with my fists clenching and unclenching in fear. He smirked and stopped not before sending me a wink and walking out.

****************

"And then, he started touching my face!" I said throwing my hands in the air dramatically as I was explaining to Skylar and Lexi. Skylar and I actually became good friends and we wiggled out of the awkward friend stage. Ben was here too. He transferred to Sea City because he wanted to be around me more often, which was honestly nice.

Noah wasn't here, thankfully.

I don't even want to imagine what would've happened if he found out. But it's not like we're talking anyway. He still upset me and this is a really big drop in our relationship. Not the biggest but it's still big, I don't know if we're gonna bring back up again.
"Do you know his name?" Skylar asked and I shrugged. "You officially have stalkers." Lexi declared before changing the subject.

"So when are we gonna confront Mia and-"

"We're not confronting anyone." I confirmed. I don't want to talk about what happened. This year has been hard already.

"So what are you gonna do then?" Lexi asked dramatically while shoving her tray full of junk food away and slumping on her seat while I raised my eyebrow at her.

"I just wanna forget about it."

"Can I at least have a go at Noah?"
Noah came back this morning and I saw his jeep parked in its usual spot but I skipped my lessons with him and took the long ways to class.

"I honestly couldn't care less what you do to him to be honest." I said with a sigh and she lit up immediately and stood up before walking off. "You should probably go with her, I don't want to be there." I said to Skylar.
"Yeah sure, feel better Maddy." She said before getting up and skipping off after her.

*****************

I parked my car and stared up and the 90s retro studio up in front of me. If I'm gonna be honest, I seriously have no idea why I'm here, Noah's mom just asked me to meet her here. I got out and pushed the doors open.
She was standing there with a more casual look and Liliana was leaning against the wall on her phone. Sometimes, I forget how grown up this girl actually is. "Hey, Lily." I said and her eyes looked up and broke into a grin. "Hey Madison!" She said walking up to give me a hug.

"Glad you could make it." Her mum said. "Lily here, has started voice lessons and I wanted you to come into the studio to hear her and hopefully give some tips?"

"Sure..."

"It's Lorraine, how many months ago and you still stutter saying my name?" She said sarcastically and I giggle and shrug. We walked into the studio and met with the voice coach and he had Lily sing some chords.

When they were in there for half an hour, they stopped recording and Lily was discussing something with the man and he looked at me and smiled before beckoning me in.
"Hi there, I'm Louis and I'm Liliana's vocal coach."
I shook his hand warily before leaning against the spare table opposite him.
"A little bird told me you're a singer?"
He asked with a smirk and I nodded my head before answering, "it's more of a hobby than a profession to be honest."

"Well let's hear it." He said and I froze. "Like, right now?" I asked stupidly and he nodded. I decided to sing Jar of Hearts and I stood in front of the mic and he played the track.

I closed my eyes as I sang the song and I let my voice travel all around the room. I even heard a door open and close again and when I finished, I turned around to find looks of shock on all three faces. "As I said, it's just a hobby." I reminded and suddenly felt very uncomfortable. "Well my son landed himself a triple threat girlfriend." Lorraine muttered and I felt my face going red. "What else does she do?" Louis asked in shock. "I dance and I cheer." I answered and he looked star struck.

He fumbled for something in his pocket before pulling out his card. "Even if you don't want to take it on professionally, you can always come and practice and take voice lessons here." He said with confidence and I nodded and said my thanks.
As we walked out of the studio, Lorraine stopped me and asked, "Have you seen Noah lately?" I immediately frowned at her question. "He doesn't come home?" I asked and she shook her head. "It's fine, I'll figure out where he is." I assured her and said my goodbyes before climbing into my car, driving while on a group call to Luke, Lexi and Skylar.

"We need to find him." I say.

"Weren't you guys like fighting?" Luke asked before I heard Skylar scoff.

"Like you're not talking to Lexi." She muttered but we all heard her and the line fell silent. "Guys! We'll sort that out later, now we need to find Noah." I say. "I need all of you to come to my house now." I said.

"But-" Luke and Lexi protested and I ended the call.

******************

"Can you stop kicking me?!" Lexi yelled at Luke and he didn't stop. Skylar was sitting on the opposite couch and I was leaning against the kitchen island. "Are you guys actually serious?" I asked folding my arms and they both looked at me. "You guys clearly have a relationship issue and you need to sort it out, but not now and not here. We're here to help Madison so please stop being idiots and start using your brains." Skylar said and I mentally clapped for her amazing speech. They mumbled sorry and sat up properly.

"As much as I don't really care where he is and what he's doing, I kinda promised his mom that I'll look for him." I said before opening up my Instagram to find is whereabouts. "He posted a quote ten minutes ago and added a location. Idiot." Lexi said and I looked up the location. "I got it, let's go." I said and we all walked out and climbed into my car.

The drive was surprisingly peaceful...only because Luke was at the front with me and Skylar and Lexi were at the back on their phones.

45 minutes later, I pulled up at an abandoned building. The brick was slowly deteriorating and the windows had either fallen off or cracked. A sharp wind blew past as we all reluctantly climbed out of the car. I locked it and started advancing until I felt an arm pull me back and I turned around to see it was Luke. He was looking down on me with stern eyes. "You're not going in there." He said and I rolled me eyes before replying, "Why not?"

"You're seriously asking that question? I mean look at it!" Lexi said pointing at the building. "Who's gonna go in then?" I said removing Luke's arm off me.

"All of us."