21

I walk back inside to see Mia with her hands covering her face and Zayn comforting her. I go up to him and say, "You can go now." He gives me a puzzled look. "I'm here for Mia." He says back. I roll my eyes. "Go outside, and fix your fucked up friend. You've broken her enough, Don't go near her, until you've changed otherwise I promise you, you'll be the one calling the ambulance to come and pick you up." I say sternly.

"You don't scare me, Madison. Don't bring your problems upon me. Deal with them for yourself." He says back standing up to face me.

Mia gets up and says to him. "Now you're crossing the fucking line, don't you EVER say that to my best friend! Get the fuck out of my house." Mia yells at him. "Why are you letting her get between us? I want to be with you!" He says through gritted teeth. "There's no us, Zayn! You're the one getting in between our friendship." Mia says motioning to me and herself.

"You're a joke, Mia. Have you even lost your virginity?" He asks and that's when I snap. I swing and my fist connects to his nose. He staggers back and grunts in pain before walking out of the room. The door shuts and the faint sound of a car starting up and heading down the road echoes the quiet house.

"Let's just forget about today." I say and she nods her head. We embrace and we decide to have a beach day. I blare up my playlist as we get ready and dance around the house. We pack snacks and we head upstairs to change.

I borrow her swimsuit and it's a bikini. It's camouflage inspired with a strap going through the dip in my chest and tie-on bottoms. I put on a pair of denim shorts and a loose tank top as a coverup.

Mia has a one piece on and it's black and has straps going all down her side, showing off her curves

Mia has a one piece on and it's black and has straps going all down her side, showing off her curves. Surprisingly in this heat, she puts high waisted jeans and uses the top as a cover-up.

 Surprisingly in this heat, she puts high waisted jeans and uses the top as a cover-up

We decide to go with light makeup. Just waterproof mascara and a light shade of eyeshadow with blush and lip gloss. I have my hair in messy waves whereas Mia has her hair straight. I pack a bag full of snacks, towels, my portable charger and a speaker.
I grab Rosie on a leash and we head outside.
The sun is out and the heat has kicked in.

I take my sunglasses out and put them on. We stand at the main road to get a taxi when a black car stops in front of us. The window rolls down and Lexi is sitting there in a red off the shoulder one piece and shorts. "Wanna come to the beach?" She asks over her music blaring. We nod and pile into the car instead.

The drive to the beach is about 20 minutes and while we're in the car, I text Olivia that we're going to the beach.

I plug in headphones to listen to my own music. Today was crazy and I don't know what I'm going to do about Noah anymore. He's a piece of trash and his friend disrespected my bestfriend in front of my face.

I swear that's the worst desicion he's EVER going to make.

I lay my head against my seat and sigh. I just want to live a normal life. I have enough going on. Aiden said something about Noah having problems of his own. If he has problems, then why the fuck does he want to create more problems for me?
He'll probably go and fuck Victoria just to 'get it out of his system', like guys say these days. I roll my eyes at the thought.

We arrive at the beach and grab our stuff and sit down near the sea but not too close. I take off my tank top and shorts and lie on my towel with my RayBan sunglasses on. "Hey Mads?" Lexi asks me. "Know how to surf?"
I take off my sunglasses and put them on my head and nod. "She's awesome at it, but she's stopped for a while." Mia gushes. I laugh at her and say, "Why don't you bait out my talents for me?" She rolls her eyes and strokes Rosie sitting on her lap.

"Let's see what you've got" She says. I shrug and get up to dust some of the sand on me. I tug my hair up into a ponytail and walk towards the shack where the boards are. I've had my own board here but I haven't used it in ages.
It's a pale pink with floral patterns on it. It has the USA flag at the bottom but not too big.

I grab it and shut my shack before running towards Mia and Lexi. "Can you hold my bracelet for me?" I ask handing it to Mia. It was a special bracelet given to me a few months before my dad was murdered and I've kept it ever since. She nods and takes it from me before I walk towards the shore.