41

3 WEEKS LATER...

madison:

It's been three weeks since my mom attacked my school. I haven't left the hospital, not because they won't let me, but because I don't want to. I haven't heard anything about what happened, whether the police was there, what happened to Noah. Nothing. And it's slowly eating me alive. Mia and Lexi have come to visit me countless times but they haven't heard from Noah either.

My leg has been getting a lot better. I should've moved put of the way but I couldn't. All I remember was Noah running towards me and holding me when I got hit. The nurse entered my room while Mia and Lexi were visiting. "Miss Thompson, you have to leave the hospital. You have fully recovered." She says strictly. She leaves the room and Mia and Lexi have grins on their faces but mine is the complete opposite.

"Aren't you excited?" Mia asks nearly jumping out of her seat and I shake my head. "I don't want to go out there." I whisper. Lexi walks up to me and takes my hands. "Be strong, Mads. For us." She pleads. I gulp and nod. They help me out of the bed and I've literally forgotten how to walk.

My leg is completely healed but it's been a while since I've put pressure on it. My physiotherapist has trained me well and I've picked up walking again since I do cheer and things like that come naturally for me but it still feels weird to walk again.

I gain my balance and start walking again. I'm still in the hospital gown so I go to the receptionist to get my clothes. I go to the bathroom to change out of the gown and see the wound. They've stitched it up and it honestly looks so painful. I wince as I pull up my jeans and Mia brought me my sliders so I don't have to wear her stilettos. I walk back into the waiting room but the nurse stops me.

"This is a letter for you." She says sweetly and I thank her and take the letter. Lexi, Mia and I pile into Luke's car. "Me and Luke are dating!" Mia squeals and I want to be excited but my energy is gone entirely. While Lexi and Mia and giggling at the front, I take the opportunity to open the letter.

"Guys! Pull over." I say and Mia stops concerned. "We have to go to the police station. Now." I command and Mia makes a u-turn towards the police station. We arrive and the officer at the desk instantly recognises me. "Officer Pullman will be with you shortly, Miss Thompson." He states and I nod. I follow him to an office.

"Miss Thompson," The officer in the room who I'm guessing is Mr Pullman greets me and I sit in the chair. "How is your recovery going?" He asks. "Better, I'm just off sports for another two weeks." I reply and he nods his head in agreement. "I called you here to tell you personally that your mother has been captured and her trial will be in a few weeks. Now, I'm aware that she is already involved in a custody battle?" He asks and I nod. "Against my aunt Olivia Clarke."

"The battle shall not be necessary. The custody of you and your brother can be decided on whether she is going to jail or not, which she will." He states.
"One more thing," He says while flipping through various pieces of paper on his desk. "Another person was shot after you were taken off the scene, unconcious. Have you heard of a boy named Noah Johnson?" He asks me intently and I freeze.

Noah was shot?

"Y-Y-Yes," I stutter. "He was my ex boyfriend but we had just broken up that morning." I explain. "He's in hospital now." He says calmly and I nearly pass out. I need to go and visit him, today even. As if the officer read my mind, he said  "He's in the hospital 10 minutes from here in the opposite direction. Visiting hours are still on for the next hour."

I nod and he shakes my hand before I march down the corridor to the waiting area again. Mia and Lexi shoot up from their seats and run to catch up with me. I get in the car and sit in the back. We sit in silence. "Noah was shot. He's in the hospital," I croak. "10 minutes from here. We have to go and see him. Now." I state and Mia nods before driving us there. In hopes of distracting me, she tells me everything I've missed. Including the relationship between her and Luke. I try to pay attention but it's so hard to.

Noah took a bullet. For me. He really does love me. He's probably in so much pain. We broke up that morning and we were both shot. I snap out of my daze when I hear the radio say my name. "Turn it up." I say and Lexi turns the volume and we all listen to it.

"Signs of shootings were taken place three weeks ago in the high school of Sea City High. Two students were shot as well as three other policemen. The woman behind it all was none other than one of the victims, Madison Thompson's mother. The other victim was seen to be her boyfriend, Noah Johnson. The two were badly hit and the mother was placed in holding at the police station for further notice until her trial..."

"Turn it off." I whisper and Lexi shuts the radio off. Luckily enough, we were at the hospital already and as soon as we were parked, I climbed out of the car and raced to the entrance. I was about to head to the main desk when the tv situated o  the wall caught my attention. They were playing the same news story on the tv and everyone in the room was watching. Mia and Lexi came up behind me, out of breath and they focused their attention on the tv as well.

"Seriously? The news story is on tv as well?" Lexi sighs. "I guess so..." I reply. All the people in the waiting room turned to face me at the sound of my voice. Some had solemn expressions and others were looking at the floor, instead of acknowledging my presence. I shake my head and turn to the receptionist. "You must be looking for Noah Johnson." She says and I nod. "Room 225" She says calmly and I nod.

We all got in the lift. "I can't show my face at school again." I exclaim and Mia pulls me in for a hug. "Other people's opinions don't matter. It's not your fault she wants you to die." Lexi states. I nod and the lift dings before opening. We walk down the corridor and enter his room. Luke is sitting there. He notices me and gets up and walks towards me and gives me the most warmest hugs ever. "Maddie. I can't believe you're ok." He says before ruffling my hair. I smile at him. "Princess?" I hear and I installed turn to face the bed.

Noah is sitting their with a smirk on his face. I run up to him and hug him. "I'm so glad you're ok." I say. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me on the bed with him and I lie on his chest.
I want to lie there for ages. I've missed eveything about him. His smell, His heartbeat, His voice.

I lift my head up to see his face and he has a genuine smile on. I smile back at him and he kisses my forehead. I turn to face Lexi nearly in tears and Mia covering her mouth with her hands and Luke's arm around her.

These people are my family. And I would never leave them for the world.