31

As I'm walking down the street, Noah texts me.

"Noah beat up Zayn..." I say as I'm holding Rosie's leash. "What?" Lexi exclaims. "Good for him." Mia says calmly. We both turn to look at Mia, stunned. "He hurt me, I don't care what happens to him." She shrugs. We arrive at the mall in less than 15 minutes. When we get to the shop, Mia rushes in to return her item and we head to the food court. We settle on ordering McDonald's and eating it at home. We pay and take our food before heading out. As we're walking, Lexi gets a phone call.

She lingers behind us and we give her space. He voice was trembling as she spoke. We arrive home and leave the door open for her.

10 minutes later, she walks in. Her face looks like she's been crying. Her makeup was smudged and her eyes were  red. She walks into the kitchen where we're setting up the food and soon as Mia sees her, she drops everything and runs towards her embracing her in a tight hug. I place my phone on the counter and lead Lexi to the sitting room.
As soon as we're all sat down, Lexi manages to form sentences.

"My parents are getting divorced."
"What?" Mia and I say in unison and she nods to confirm. "Hayley, my younger sister, was listening to our parents arguing. She heard them confirm it and they're gonna tell her tonight. But she already knows."

I wrap Lexi in a hug. "Listen to me," I say turning to face her. "I know exactly what you're going through and it's hard. People will tell you that you'll get over it but lemme tell you now, you won't.  You never will. I know this doesn't sound like the word of advice your expecting, but as an experienced person, I promise you, it will never get easier. But you have to learn to suck it up and get through it. Yes, it's gonna be hard and yes, it's gonna fucking hurt but, you need friends to help you get through it and you have us. I promise it will get easier. I still haven't gotten over the reason why my mom changed, but here I am, with friends I can call my sisters that care for me." I say calmly and she nods her head wiping her tears.

"another movie marathon tonight?" Mia asks and we all nod. We all go upstairs to get changed and I bring out my face masks. We order pizza from a different company, and stay up all night watching throwback films with face masks and stuff our faces with junk food.

I don't know why but I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned. I was thinking about everything that was going on. Liam's epilepsy, Lexi's parents and their divorce, Mia and Zayn, My mother and Noah. Just the thought of his name put a smile to my face.
I gave up and opened my eyes and found I was in the guest room. I realised I left my phone downstairs and tip-toed out of the room to go downstairs. I entered the kitchen to find Mia and Lexi sitting there with mugs of hot chocolate.

"Thought you might need one." Mia says groggily before sliding me a mug with mini marshmallows in it. I took a sip and instantly relaxed. I saw my phone sitting on the counter and reached out and grabbed it. "Wait, Why are we all awake?" I ask.

"I was thinking about my parents. What's your excuse Mia?" She asked. "I was thinking about Zayn. Like I don't know what I'm supposed to do about him. We were so close to start dating and the fact that I even thought for a second about dating him makes me sick." She explains while shuddering.

They both looked at me waiting for my explanation. "My mom." Is all I said and they got the message. We sat in silence while I looked at the time.

5:48am

"We have about an hour until we're supposed to be awake." I say. "What day is it today?" Mia groans. "Tuesday" Lexi replies and I stifle a yawn. "So what are we supposed to do until then?" Mia asks. "I'm staying here until Olivia wins the custody case so I should put all of my stuff into the wardrobe." I explain. "We can help." Lexi says and Mia's eyes widen.

"Mia. You're helping." Lexi says sternly and Mia groans while I giggle. We all make our way to my temporary bedroom and they help setting up my things and I blast some Niki Minaj on the speaker. One hour later, I added some decor to make the room more specialised.

 One hour later, I added some decor to make the room more specialised

"The room looks awesome Mads!" Lexi squeals, with more energy. The makeup room is in the corner of the room and is a completly different colour. I layed out all my makeup up there as well.

"Ok can we start getting ready? I want some McDonald's breakfast today

"Ok can we start getting ready? I want some McDonald's breakfast today." Mia complains and I roll my eyes and shooed them out of the room and started to get ready myself. Half an hour later, I hopped out of the shower and threw on my clothes.

I slipped on my black converses and grabbed my sunglasses and went into the bathroom to do my hair. I went for a neutral look. I plaited my hair into two french braids and for makeup I went for a bolder look. I applied foundation before adding false lashes and colouring orange eyeshadow underneath my lids. I applied eyeliner and did my eyebrows before finishing off with a peachy coloured lipstick. I looked in the mirror once more, content with my look. I finished up and grabbed my phone and car keys and headed downstairs.

"Are you guys ready yet!?" I yelled and heard loud "No!"s coming from both rooms. I sighed and sat on the couch and scrolled through social media, as usual. My eyes widened as I saw Mia's freshly dyed hair. It's a lot darker than it was before.

"Well then." I said in surprise. Didn't see that coming. I looked onto Lexi's story to see if she was ready yet. She was dressed in a black and white outfit and I raise my eyebrow.

"I thought they said they weren't ready." I said to myself. I busied myself by going to feed Rosie. As I was pouring her dog food I heard padded footsteps going down the stairs and Mia appeared on her phone. "Didn't expect the sudden hair colour change." I say after putting away the box of food. She shrugs and Lexi comes down seconds later.

We all headed outside and pile into the car. Lexi insisted on driving so I took shotgun with Mia at the back.

After posting the picture, I received a message from Noah. He told me to take the picture down.

Mia leaned over and flung herself back against the seat with a huff. I turn to face her with my eyebrow raised. "What's gotten into you?" I ask. "Where can I get a Noah please?! He told you to take down a snap cause he doesn't want any guys eye-fucking you! Where the hell do you get a boyfriend that fucking caring?" She complained. I laughed at her and Lexi turns to face me. "Did he-" She asks and I nod.