54

Luke and Lexi left after the film and I packed up. I went on my phone and scrolled down to My UberEats app before I stopped.

I'm alone now. Without anyone. What if something happens? She could've easily broken out of prison, My mom isn't dumb. What if someone else is after me?!?

I panicked and locked my phone before placing it on the kitchen island. "I'm just gonna have a big breakfast tomorrow." I said to myself before strolling into my room with Rosie padding behind me. I went into my bathroom to clean my face and brush my teeth. I climbed into my bed and set my alarm. I got a text from my bank. I frowned at my screen and clicked on it. The balance of my card popped up and I threw my phone. "That is a big fucking number!" I yelled. I scrambled out of bed to get my phone. I picked it up and the number was still there.

Current Balance: $15,000,000,000

Where the hell did that come from?!

I put my phone down and snuggled into my pillows with Rosie next to me. I couldn't stop thinking about that number. How did it get there? I sighed deeply and drifted off to sleep.

beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!

I picked up my phone and turned the alarm off before sitting up.
Damn this bed is comfortable!
Rosie was still sleeping so I quietly creeped out and into the bathroom. I flicked on the shower and had a turned it to cold. I washed my hair and came out. I put on my bath robe and dried my hair. I straightened it after and left it. I walked into my wardrobe and grabbed my grey top with Nike written across it in yellow. I picked up my white socks and white high waisted jeans. I changed and tied the top a bit shorter in the front before walking back into my room with my phone.

Rosie was rolling around on the floor and shot up when she saw me walk in. I placed my phone down and made my bed. I walked out of my bedroom with Rosie behind me. I walked into the kitchen and set up Rosie's dog bowl and bed. I poured her a big bowl of food and water. I looked into the fridge and it was surprisingly, stocked up.
I frowned for a second before shrugging and grabbing a bottle of apple juice. I checked Snapchat for a bit.

I grabbed my car keys and kissed Rosie before heading out. Lexi was standing outside my car on her phone. "How did you get here? You live like a half an hour drive away." I say. "Luke went to go and pick up Noah and I didn't want to be there." She said with a shrug as I unlocked my car and we both got in. "How was your first night?" She asked. "I was gonna order pizza but it didn't happen." I say and she raises an eyebrow at me. "You're literally gonna be doing this all the time. Don't you think it's time you got used to it?" She asked and I shrug. I open my bank details and give my phone to Lexi. "Holy Shit! You're fucking loaded!" She yelled and I shake my head. "No I'm not. I don't know where it came from." I say and she stares at me with her jaw hanging open.

"So you're telling me, that you don't know where that $15,000,000,000 came from?" She asked and I nodded. "Someone put it there. Who would've given you this much money?" She asked and I thought about it for a second.

Flashback from Chapter 61:

He turns to face the laptop in my direction. It's a bank account with a very very large number as his balance. My eyes widen and I look at him in disbelief. "Did I ever tell you that my mom works as a doctor, travelling to different countries and my dad has 5 star hotels all across America?" He says and I shake my head with my mouth hung open. "Y-Y-You can't pay for my college. I don't wanna take your money. I-" I begin before he shuts me up with a kiss.

"I would give up so much for you. I don't think you realise that." He explains calmly and I look at my hands. "You don't have to do that." I whisper and he lifts up my head softly to look at him. "I would. And I will," He says sternly and I nod. " And your stubborness self won't stop me." He states and I roll my eyes with a smile on my face.

"Noah." I say in awe and Lexi rolls her eyes. "Really? Him?" She says and I nod. "His family is rich. I don't think he wanted anyone else to know though." I say. "Why would he give you that much after you guys broke up?" She asked and I shrugged. "I'm not using any of it though. It could be a scam or maybe he's gonna take it out another day or-" I ramble and Lexi stops me. "Shut the fuck up. You're talking bullshit. You actually think Noah left you for Mia? Or that he loves her? Cause I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have put that much in there for you. You only need like three thousand for college. He obviously has a reason for his fucked up attitude." She says and I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"Let's just go to school and forget about this." I say and start the car and drive towards school.

We pull up and I park in the same spot that I always have. I see Noah's car and Lexi looks at me expectantly. "I'm fine." I state and throw the keys at her lap and climb out of the car. A pair of hands grab me and I turn around to face him.
I flinch at the sight of his face and he looks at me concerned. "Madison, I need to talk to you." He says calmly and I shake my head. His face breaks. "What can I do to make it up to? I need you." He says, his voice cracking. I start shaking with tears brimming in my eyes. He pulls me to his chest and I don't move. I thought I could handle this, being around him, dealing with the fact that he's moved on.

Something on the back of my mind is telling me that Lexi is right. All thoughts are pushed out if my mind when he places his lips on my head. Everything that happened yesterday rushes to my head and I find myself pushing off him and running into school.

Homecoming was tonight and honestly, I having doubts about everything.