Chapter 42

It's Valentine's Day today and I'm looking in a jewellery shop for a necklace. I have to be quick though cause I have a lecture in 1 and a half hour. I already bought a fragrance at least. Skimming my fingers on the glass display of the necklaces my eyes caught a gold chain with a Scorpio hanging on it. It's perfect it matches his zodiac sign as well. I hope he'll like it! I remember in a conversation we had a while ago he said that he wanted one but he just never got time to go find one.

The Scorpio is not too big not to small. I think it's a perfect size and I think it will suit him. Jumping back on the bus after I bought the necklace I push the black box into my bag and lean my head on the window. My palms are starting to get a bit sweaty, I keep rubbing them on my jeans. My foot bouncing up and down repeatedly. I have so much time before I see him and I'm already starting to feel sick from my nerves.

Arriving at the university I rush to get to my lecture I'm 5 minutes late. I get in and go at the back where Nadia and Maya are sitting waiting for me with a grin on their faces.

"Hi," I say sitting down and taking my glasses out. I only use them when I'm sitting at the back at lectures. I don't actually wear them in my everyday life.

"Hi, did you find a present for him?" Nadia asks me.

"Yeah, I got him some stuff," I smile keeping my voice quiet.

"What is your plan for tonight?" Nadia raises her eyebrows.

"I don't know, we haven't really said what we'll do tonight I guess we'll just stay in, " Nadia winks at me.

"What about you girls?" I ask.

"James is taking me out for a lovely dinner tonight and then Netflix and chill, " Maya grins her cheeks getting a gentle blush on.

"I have a date with someone I met at work, " Nadia smirks. She's got a new job at a retail store. I'm happy for her.

I realise something as I take my notebook out of my bag. I don't have a rose today.

"Axel didn't give you a rose today?" I whisper, my eyebrows slightly furrowing.

"No, I actually haven't seen him today, " she shakes her head.

"Oh, okay, " I'm not going to lie I'm a bit disappointed that I don't have a rose and a sweet note today out of all days. I'm just hoping that he didn't get sick of me and decided that whatever we're feeling for each other isn't worth it.

The hours went by fairly quickly. I think it's because I was thinking about so many things. Like for example what are we doing tonight with Carter? Where is Axel? Is he going to like my gift or not? Why is there no rose today? We have been speaking through text and phone calls through the whole weeks and we hang out a few times. Is a bit awkward for me to see him face to face knowing he likes me in a romantic way. I mean is awkward because I feel the same and I'm being a fucking idiot that's too scared to let go of her safety blanket let's be honest.

I grab the box out of my bag and put it in my coats pocket and bid my goodbyes to the girls whilst giving them a warm hug. Walking towards the bus station a familiar voice that I never seem to get tired of hearing fills my ears. Stopping harshly on my steps I feel my body tensing a little bit. Taking a deep breath and pray that this will go well and turn around coming face to face with none other than Axel.

"Hi, " I say my voice been kept on the low.

"Hi, " I look down at my shoes kicking a small peddle.

"I haven't heard from you today. Is everything alright?" I ask him referring to the whole rose and note gesture he has been doing for weeks now. I return my burning gaze on him. Our eyes connecting after going so long without starting at each other.

"Yeah, everything is good it's just that I wanted to do it myself today since it's Valentine's day so."

He smiles and brings forward the hand that was hiding behind his back revealing a rose and a small piece of paper in its grasp.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I take the rose from his hand and bring it close to my nose. I always do this. I grasp the note he was still holding on to but before I could glaze at it he distracts me with his deep voice.

"I know that me speaking out loud my feelings for you makes you uncomfortable and I never want to make you feel like that so I thought me writing them down is the better alternative to this. This is also the last rose and note I'm giving you. I wanted to end it on Valentine's Day," he runs his hand through his hair and scratching the back of his neck.

My smiles widen at his words. I'm happy that he's been really respectful about this. I turn the paper around to read what it says. My hands gripping the paper to tightly as if I let go his feelings for me will fly away with this piece of paper. I glance at the paper and then back at him my mouth slightly agape his eyes full of emotions.

I know that what he wrote down he truly means it. Axel doesn't just through words around that lightly, especially when is about unknown feelings to him. Something he's experiencing for the first time and I'm feeling quite special if I'm honest that I'm the lucky girl.

Unfortunately, Carter is at the back of my mind and I realize that at this moment I really didn't want Carter anywhere in my mind. What I'm feeling for Axel I'm unsure whether is love or desire for something forbidden but glazing back at the piece of paper in my hand I made my decision. I might regret it, in the end. It might not be ideal but I think that it's what is best for all of us now.

"I'm in love with you - Axel"

A/N

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

More to come soon!

Things are progressing and soon we'll see what will happen with these three.

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

I hope you have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️