Chapter 11

MIA'S P.O.V

This day is full of shocking news.  

I never thought I would be having this conversation with Axel just like I never thought that he never had a girlfriend before.

I mean at the beginning when you meet him, he might look intimidating and not very talkative but I never thought what was the reason behind that. I never thought that he had such a hard time at home.

I'm shocked at myself as well for admitting for the first time out loud that I'm not sure whether Carter is my number one. I don't think we'll last forever together but maybe I'll be proven wrong. God, why do I feel so guilty about these thoughts?

"But that's not to say that I don't love Carter because I do. It's just that, I'm way too young and we do have our problems just like any other couple has to say that we'll be together forever confidently," I added quickly, wanting to get rid of the guilt that arises from saying that about Carters and I's relationship.

It's the truth though my subconscious says.

"I get it that you don't know how long is your relationship going to last?" He asks me, a blank look taking over his face.

I can't tell how he's feeling right now.

"No, I don't, I'm not sure if you're ever able to see how long your relationship will last nowadays, " I shrug.

"Yeah you're probably right, " he says.

"Well, we can have our first lesson right now if you want, " I say getting excited about this.

"Yeah go on, let's get this shit started, " he says and smirks at me.

"Lesson number 1, one of the keys to a successful relationship and the most important in my opinion, is communication. With bad communication or not at all, the relationship will fail quicker than you can take in a breath."

As I say this I realize that mine and Carters communication has become really bad lately. I'll have to deal with it when Carters back though, there is nothing I can do on my own.

"If something is bothering you, you talk about it. If you want something, you say it. If you want to try something different, you discuss it."

Oh, the irony of the last point I just said.

"You also need to pay attention to what the other person says, so listen. Listen to them when they vent to you about their problems, about their success, about their pain, their thoughts. Listen when they say their favourite flower is roses and don't bring them lilies. Listen when they talk about their dream or a place they want to visit and more importantly... When they say no it means no, " I take a breath and look at Axel, seeing him hearing me closely.

"You okay so far? Got everything I said?" I ask him, happy that it looks like he's paying attention to me.

"So far so good, continue, you sound so passionate when you're talking about this stuff, " he smiles amused by me.

I groan and turn around so I'm resting on my belly. A hand supporting my jaw and the other playing with the end of the charcoal grey pillowcase.

"Sometimes they won't say what they want or not want with words but with their body, their actions. So, pay attention to body language as well, this will come in handy in the bedroom department as well. If she shoves your hand away that was gripping her ass then what does that mean?" I ask him just to test him.

"It means fuck off, " he says with confidence.

"Good boy!" I say snapping my fingers together. He lets his head fall back on the pillow and groan at that remark.

"It means that she doesn't want that and to stop cause she is uncomfortable, and to fuck off before she punches you in the face or dick, " I say giving him an all teeth smile.

"You're a good teacher, " he says.

"I can only hope you're a good student too, " I say giggling.

"Well, we'll have to wait and see for that one when I eventually get a partner, " he winks at me.

"You said earlier that you have problems with Carter, may I ask what are the problems, " he says to me while smiling sadly.

"I can tell you one of them for now, " I say, blushing at the thought of talking with Axel about my sex life with Carter. Maybe some other day or preferably never.

"Okay, one is better than nothing, it will give me a better perspective at relationships, " he says giving me a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, you're right. Well, I feel like we see each other a lot but don't actually hang out that much, does... Does that make sense?" I ask scrunching up my nose.

"Yeah totally!" He says nodding along.

I scrunch my eyes focusing my gaze on his deep green-blue eyes. Yeah okay, it didn't make sense what I just said.

"Sometimes, I feel like he asked me to move in with him so he wouldn't need to put that much effort into our relationship. Because we see each other every day now and I know that sounds horrible! But...We don't really do stuff together anymore, " I hope that this makes it clearer. My voice starting off strong but by the end, becoming weak like a whisper.

"Have you talk to him about that?" He asks me.

"I've tried to talk to him about something else but he doesn't want to talk about it, but no I haven't really try to talk about this problem with him. I always try to make plans for us, always asking him if he wants to go out for food, for a movie, for bowling or something, but lately, he's constantly going out with his friends which is not bad! I'm actually glad he started going out more with them but never to the expense of our time together you know?" I found myself venting to Axel about my relationship, maybe it's because I know that he won't judge.

"Yeah I get it, but as you just taught me, communication is a key for a successful relationship and yours is not good, " he says readjusting his position and cracking his knuckles.

"You need to sit him down and talk to him, even if he doesn't want to. That's if you want this relationship to work, " he says.

"Of course I do! I love and care about him. I need to preach what I teach so I will talk to him once he's back, " I say deciding that I'll talk to him even if I need to tie him down to a fucking chair.

"Good, " he whispers closing his eyes and draping a hand over his forehead.

I let out a yawn and grab my phone checking to see that it's already 00:46 am.

"You're tired?" He asks softly.

"Yeah, it's late, " I say feeling so tired all of a sudden as if I was going on only on adrenaline.

Talking about my relationships problems seems to drain all my energy.

"Then go to sleep, " he whispers while tucking a few strands of hair that fell on my face behind my ear.

"Night Axel, " I whispered closing my eyes, too tired to get up and go to my bedroom.

"Night Mia, " I hear him say softly and shuffle around in bed before drifting off to sleep.

---------

A/N

First relationship lesson for Axel, do you think he's going to be a good student? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Next chapter coming tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Have a nice night or day depending on where you live! Xx