Chapter 5

The warm coffee coating my throat warms my insides making me smile at the warmth. I kinda zoon out of the conversation my friends were having and concentrate more on the warm plate of food I have in front of me. I and the girls decided to come for breakfast seeing as we don't have lectures today.

The thought of Carter and I though clouds my mind and I guess Maya can tell by the way she is looking at me.

"What is bothering you?" Maya asks me, cutting Nadia off her rambling about the date she has tonight.

Nadia turns and looks at me, her eyes squinting a little as if she is trying to see if something is wrong with me.

"You have been quiet the whole time we've been here," Maya says.

I shrug my shoulders, "It's just concerns about mine and Carter's relationship," I say.

"You and Carter seem fine. You never told us before that anything was bothering you regarding your relationship, so what changed now?" Nadia says with annoyance.

"Well, when you get in a relationship with someone it doesn't mean that everything will always be perfect. Some days you'll be great, others you'll be okay and another you could be not okay," I say as I put a piece of egg in my mouth.

"What happened?" Maya asks.

"Nothing happened," I say after I'm done with chewing.

"Then what is the problem?" Nadia asks rolling her eyes.

I let out a sigh and avoid eye contact, I feel a bit awkward telling them about this but I do want their opinion and advice.

"It's just about our sex life," I say quietly.

"Oh," Maya nods her head in understanding.

"What about it? Is it bad?" Nadia asks, whilst taking a bite of her sandwich.

"No, no it's not bad! It's just how can I say it... it's monotone, do you get me," I raise an eyebrow, not sure if I was making any sense. Looking at Maya I can tell that she was getting it, but Nadia not so much.

"And?" Nadia asks waiting for me to give her more information to work with.

"I don't know how to get that message across to him, I try talking to him but..." I sigh frustrated slouching back at the chair.

"Well, I don't really see what the problem is here. I think you're overthinking this, if you want to spice things up a bit in the bedroom department then do it, or just tell him it's that simple," Nadia says while taking a sip of her smoothie.

For some reason, the words "it's that simple" struck a nerve with me. Nadia doesn't get it and this is not the only time she dismisses other people's concerns.

"Nadia I'm sorry that I'm going to tell you this knowing that it's kind of a sore spot for you, but, you've never been in a long term relationship and it shows," I say seeing her getting taken aback from what I just spit out.

"Just because you want a long term relationship so badly it doesn't mean that you can dismiss my feelings and concerns that I have over my own relationship. The only reason I even brought it up to you guys, is because I want your advice as the friends you're supposed to be of mine," I say clenching my fists on the table.

"Sorry Nadia but Mia is right, " Maya says and puts her hand up to stop Nadia from talking.

"A lot of the times you leave your own desperation for long term relationship cloud your judgment. I can't even count on my fingers how many times you told me to "get over it" or that I'm "just overthinking" or that I "should be glad" cause I'm in a long term relationship. When you get in a relationship with someone, if it's not the right person then the relationship won't work out, " Maya says while looking at Nadia in her eyes.

"I have been in a relationship for 6 years now, we aren't doing great all the time. We argue and fight a lot either about stupid things or not so, stupid things, we even took a break from our relationship twice before," Maya says.

Nadia hung her head and focus her stare on the semi-empty plate in front of her. I can see that some of the things being said upset her.

"I'm sorry, you girls are right. I just really want someone to love me for more than 4 months, " Nadia says quietly and shakes her head before looking up at us again.

"I never realize that I was dismissing you with what I was saying. I guess I just envy the fact that you both have a loving relationship with someone and I don't. I don't see the concerns that you're having about your relationships. So I don't think I can give you my advice on things like that, sorry, " Nadia says.

I let out a sigh and close my eyes a headache is already starting to form.

"Nadia, we value your opinion as long as is not "biased" to put it like that, " Maya says to her whilst putting an arm over her shoulder, giving her a gentle squeeze.

"But my opinion will always be biased even if I don't want them to because I've never had a serious relationship, " Nadia says.

"No, you're wrong about that. Your opinion should be from an outside perspective, " I say to her.

"Okay well now that we settle this, let's go to the other issue, sex, " Maya says with a smile on her face.

"This is something that you really need to discuss with him, I know you said you tried but, " Maya says and sights realizing that she is not being really helpful at the moment.

"You guys act like you don't know how boys are, " Nadia says with a smirk on her face.

"He probably doesn't want to talk about it because he is afraid of what you're going to say. He doesn't want his ego to be bruised or his confidence knockdown, " Nadia says.

I let out a chuckle shaking my head. I don't know why I haven't thought about this before.

"You're right!" I say smiling at her. Now, this is the Nadia I know.

"Of course I am! Maybe you should try tricking him into having this conversation, with you, " Nadia says.

"How am I supposed to trick him, " I say confused.

"Oh dear lord, honey! Just tell him you want to talk about something completely unrelated and once you have him down boom! Drop the bomb on him, " Nadia smiles brightly.

"I mean that could work, " Maya shrugs her shoulders.

"Yeah, that could work, " I say already thinking about it.

We all look at each other before bursting out laughing.

This is going to be a "fun" conversation, I could already feel it.

-----------

A/N

Oh boy, Nadia is a bit infuriating, isn't she? But, she does try!

Maya, on the other hand, is an absolute sweetheart! She is definitely more like the "mum" of the group.

I hope you enjoy ch 5!

Do comment & vote if you want, it really helps writers out! ❤️

Have a nice day or night! Xx