Chapter 39

AXEL'S P.O.V

Looking at all the baby pink roses I try to find the one the draws me in more than the others. The one that stands out from the hundreds of roses around it. The one that its beauty speaks a few more words to me than the others. Just like Mia's beauty among every other girl's beauty out there did to me. Finally, my eyes freeze in one small baby pink rose towards the back with some patches of darker pink.

I picked it out and twirl it around my fingers gently touching its petals. Some people might think that the darker patches are ugly and that the other roses that are clean of them are prettier. I think this rose in my hand is beautiful and more unique than the others. It reminds me of Mia's small freckles doting her skin.

Some people might seem them as imperfections. I see them as perfection. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. It's just that to some people someone's beauty might speak a bit louder than others but eventually everyone will find a person that will hear it. I never thought that I will find that person until I met Mia. I think she might be listening in on mine.

At least I hope she does.

Taking the rose to the cashier he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I've become a regular coming 3 times a week for 2 weeks now. He might also think that something is wrong with me picking a single rose every single time the same colour as well.

"It's for someone special."

It's what I always say to him.

"They're lucky to have you in their life whoever this lucky person is, " he says offering me a tight-lipped smile.

He looks like a nice old man. He and his wife must be around their late 50s. They have this little flower shop for years now. At least 20 from what I heard. It's refreshing to see people who don't know you look at you with a smile and say a have a nice day in the end.

Usually when I walk around town or uni people look at me with so much judgement in their eyes or just throw me a quick glance before going on with their day.

Honestly, the things I've heard throughout the years about me are absolutely ridiculous. Some people said that I must be doing drugs. Others that I don't have a real family. Others that I'm mediocre in bed and nothing special. That it's a shame such good looks when to someone so violent. Others have been saying that I have drinking problems and last but not least that I like getting into fights with people.

None of all these things are true and they would've known that too if they actually spent some time getting to know me.

It made it hard for me to approach girls.

I remember during my second year at high school I saw a girl and I instantly thought that she looked pretty and I decided to give it a shot. I sat next to her on the bus and we started speaking and I thought that I was doing great. I was proud of myself but after we arrived at school I saw her talking during lunchtime outside in the yard with her friends and we'll she wasn't saying what I expect her to.

She told them how a guy sat next to her on the bus and how she kept her responses short for me to get the hint that she's not interested. She told them how I seemed like a fuckboy and that I didn't even have a pretty smile. That I wasn't fit and well they basically were laughing at me.

That definitely knocked my confidence down a few good notches.

I pay the man and pick up the delicate rose thinking about what I'll write to her this time.

"Have a nice day!" The old man says to me.

"You too, " I give him a small nod with a smile and left going into my car.

Once I arrive at my place and I take off my jacket throwing it at the sofa and going straight into my room. I put the rose in a vase so it'll be fresh for Mia tomorrow and sit down on my desk chair picking out a paper and pen. Let's see what else do I love about her or maybe I should tell her how she makes me feel. No, I'll keep that for the grand finale. Something I like about her then.

Theirs too many things actually now that I think about it.

Her smile.

"I love your smile. Wether is a small or big one, tight-lipped or full-on teeth on show one. Especially when you're smiling at me or when it's so big and radiant that your eyes are smiling too. I also love those small teeth that it's just a bit more forward than the others I feel like it's adorable and really adds something to your smile. It's exactly that, your smile. It's unique and I love it. Plus it has this undeniable effect on me that whenever you smile you make me smile. You know I think you're one of the very few people that bring a smile on my face. Hopefully, I'll be able to see that smile a lot more in the future. -Axel"

Putting down the pen I pick up the hard piece of paper and reread what I wrote for her a couple of times. I love this note, it's one of my favourites that I have written to her. I pick up another piece of paper and pick that pen right back up to write another one.
A smaller one that I'll decide another time if I'll give it to her or not.

One thing is for sure though even if I end up not giving it to her, I'll never scrap it.

"I love your hair. I know it might seem weird but I don't care. I love the coconut smell of them and how soft they feel under my fingers. I hope I could run my hand through your hair every day. I love how they hang like curtains around your face protecting it from everyone else's gaze. I'll like to think that I'm the only one seeing your beauty but unfortunately for me, I'm not. I also love it when the slight breeze brushes them gently back revealing your beautiful face. I do find it funny as well when the wind is so strong that your hair fly everywhere and you keep on trying to push them down and bring them forward since you prefer them that way. I love it. -Axel"

I'm surprised with myself with what I write. I never thought that I'll be good with words.

I have a feeling though that maybe I'm only good with words that aren't spoken out loud.

I hope I'll prove myself wrong about that though.

A/N

So, three chapters for you guys today, more coming out tomorrow!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

I hope you have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️