All For You{24}

Malea's POV

I turned off my alarm and blinked away the last bits of sleep from my eyes. The sunlight streaming in through the windows made me squint as I reached over to get my phone. I haven't left the house since yesterday and all I wanted to do was to curl in a ball and wonder why my life was like this. I shook my head and rid those thoughts from my mind. I turned on my phone. Lucian sent me a text message.

I opened it up.
Don't come to work today. I have an interview and you have nothing scheduled for work today.

I sighed in relief. I wasn't ready to see Lucian again. I still felt crushed and absolutely angry at myself for saying false things to Lucian just so Ales would stay off my mind.

Alright. Good Luck.
I sent back. I wanted to write so much more and tell him what was most on my mind at the moment but instead, I clicked off my phone and got ready for the day.

After showering and doing the essentials, I got dressed in a pair of black distressed skinny jeans and a heather gray crop top. I ran into the kitchen, bare footed, to find something to eat.

I wonder what's on TV? I shrugged and decided to switch on the tv and instantly it changed to an interview channel. I finished brewing a cup of ginger tea and took a seat on my couch when I noticed who walked on set. Lucian and Ales.

I almost choked on my tea. I set the cup onto the coffee table and coughed. Lucian and Ales took their seats in separate couches that were still close together. Lucian had on a sleek black suit and his hair had been styled neatly. He had stubble growing along his jaw giving him a rougher, sexier appeal. I swallowed a huge gulp of the tea and accepted the burn of the tea.

Ales sat next to him with a gorgeous wine red formal dress with the back low and plunging to just right over her bottom. Her hair had been blown out and styled around her face effortlessly. She wore a huge grin on her face.

The host, a platinum blonde haired woman, sat with a cheeky grin. After the audience had finished their clapping and cheering and after the theme song had finished playing, the host cleared her throat.

"My name is Diane and today we have here with us, one of the richest couples in the world. Please help me welcome, Lucian and Alesandra King." The host declared and immediately a long applause followed.

Ales feigned a blush. "Please, Diane. Call me Ales." Ales held out her hand for her to shake.

Diane shook Ales and Lucian's hands and then began the interview. "How long have you been married?"

Lucian looked up as if he had forgotten. "About 4 months ago we got married officially." He answered.

Ales turned to him sharply. "Lucian, it was 5 months ago." The audience laughed.

Lucian didn't bother replying to her comment.

"So Lucian, how has it been like married to Ales who wasn't very well known prior to your marriage?" Diane asked curiously.

Lucian cleared his throat. "I think that Alesandra is a wonderful woman. She's beautiful, kind, and absolutely someone that anyone could love easily." The crowd cheered with awe and Ales grinned confidently. "But.." Lucian began, the word cutting through the cheers and beckoning silence. Everyone went still and waited for Lucian to continue. Ales's grin faded off her face and my heart pounded with anticipation.

Diane's eyebrows collided in even more curiosity. "But what?"

"But...I married the wrong person." Lucian looked into the camera just as everyone gasped, an air of shock hovering over the set. I hadn't even realized I gasped also, my breath knocked out of my lungs. My head buzzed and I suddenly felt light headed. What did Lucian just say?