Chapter 52

I wake up to the sound of machines making weird noises, "what h-h-happened," I stutter out looking around the place searching for answers, the nurse rushes over to me, looking at me as she screams for doctor to come check on me. I can see the soldiers laying around me, some of them look like they're about to leave this place and I can't quite put it all together. I'm lost, so lost, but I want to be found so deeply, founs by her, only her.

"Where is Lauren?" I say panic evident in my voice, "y/n calm down, you've been in a bad accident, you and some of the soldiers were badly injured during the mission. Try to calm down and lay back please, nurse give me injection." What? The last thing I can remember is Lauren straddling me, kissing me like there is no tomorrow. I can't see it or feel it but I know that I am crying by now, I can't feel a thing, but my body knows the pain of losing someone.

"L-lauren, where is Lauren?" The nurse arches her eyebrows at me, "should we tell her?" Tell me what? I just want to see my family.

"I want to see my wife and my children," doctor sighs deeply and looks at nurse giving her some kind of nod, she comes closer to me, grabbing my shoulder harshly like she is trying to comfort me before the words will hit me with their destroying power.

"Y/n, you've been in a coma for 5 years, there is no Lauren or your children, you've been admitted to the army when you were 20 years old, your father and brother were in army too, your destiny was written for you before you were even able to understand it. You're a soldier. A soldier who got injured on the last mission. A soldier who got injured out on the field." This. This can't be happening, I shake myself, stand up and kick myself, I give myself some punches, I grab the gun from one of the soldiers laying next to my bed and point it at my leg, I shot myself and it hurts, it hurts and it makes everything real. Lauren is just an illusion, someone I dreamt about for 5 years, someone who shared everything with me will now become nothing more than a memory, she will become a dust that people have to get off of their shelves, a dust I'll have to clean.

"No, it can't be true it can't be true." I kept repeating, there were people coming to see me, all of them saying the same words to me over and over again even my dad and brother, "you've got injured on the field." But the only truth I know is that I died on that field. I died on that field and God brought me to my own personal heaven that felt too real to be true. The wound I made by shooting myself was healing slowly, however the sad look inside my eyes wasn't. They almost had to cut off my leg and the fact that I didn't care at all about that, scared them all.

"Baby listen to me, you need to calm down," my mom said hugging me and pinning me down, it came to the point where they had to handcuff my hands to keep me calm. Which wasn't working anyway.

"No. You listen to me, I have a wife. I have a wife mom. I have a beautiful son Leo and two daughters Maddie and Jessie. Maddie is Clare's daughter as well, you send her away I know it now dad I know it." Dad looks down to the floor, wiping his tears away and I can see it in his eyes that I have to prepare myself for the words that are about to come out of his mouth.

"Baby. Clare is dead, she and her baby died in that car accident. You were there with them, that's the reason you finally gave all of your time to army. Because there was no one waiting inside that house you two bought together anymore. It was just a lonely place with haunting memories, that's what you said to me on the day you left to join army y/n." I let out a loud sob, crying like I'm dying all over again.

"Mom please. Mom," I yell shaking as they both hold me tightly, "her name was Maddie, her name was Maddie," I cry out in pain.

An hour. A day. Two days. Three. The wounds don't seem to heal, a week, two weeks, three, I need something to set me free but the pain keeps on crushing me. I haven't spoke in four months, all I did for two months was lay in bed. All I am doing for another two months now is sitting in the wheelchair looking through the window of my old house. I roll around the house, falling down, climbing or at least trying to climb the stairs, it took me 18 hours to finally reach my destination, to finally beat the stairs, mom and dad were bringing me food and water as I was pulling myself up step by step. My brother that seems to be more alive than I am can't even stand to be in the same room as I am for more than a few minutes, every time the same words leave his mouth, "I can't watch her like this. I want my sister back." Little does he know that in my life he's basically gone.