Chapter 50

It feels good, to breathe in and breathe out, it felt good in her younger years and it feels good now. She is leaning on the rail looking back through the doors on her wife, today she woke up tangled into her, looked at the woman and jumped from the bed planning on the escape from reality. A few more minutes have passed and y/n found herself amazed by the beauty of her wife, something dragged her back under the covers of their first bed they bought together more than 15 years ago.

Lauren was still sleeping when y/n started placing sweet little kisses down her wife's neck and shoulders, she could hear Lauren's breathing changing, she could feel her wife groaning and turning around inside her arms, when their faces were inches apart she kissed her nose gently and Lauren smiled at her in response, it reminded her of their younger years and how beautiful Lauren is no matter how much time passes them by.

"You're beautiful Lo," she whispers in her wife's ear sweetly and gets a little push on her shoulder and giggle following close behind, "stop it, yesterday I found a first grey hair, I am old." Y/n smiles at her beautiful wife as her hands start to rub Lauren's back tenderly.

"You're still the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes on in my entire life baby," she says it proudly without any doubt hidden behind those words, in her eyes Lauren will forever be beautiful, young or old, it doesn't matter to her.

"Will you join me in the shower? We haven't done that in a while and I want to run away with you for the day before the kids wake up." Lauren looks her wife up and down suspiciously as she climbs from beneath the covers and stills in front of their bed to watch her with those young eyes Lauren had missed so badly in this two years.

"Are you being serious? My body has changed, I don't feel secure showing it to anyone, that's why we made love in the dark a few months ago." She confesses and y/n jumps on top of her, pinning her hands down and kissing her wife's face over and over again. It's been 4 months since Christmas, 4 months since Lauren was back in y/n's life and y/n has yet to admit to herself that Lauren is a big reason why, she is getting better, the new medicine might be helping as well but her wife is the main reason for that.

"I love you so much Lauren, I don't say it enough and I am sorry for that. I am sorry if I ever made you feel like you're not the same girl I fell in love with because you are, I am in love with you Lauren Jauregui, deeply. I am in love with your body and soul, your body might be different now but I love it even more because there is proof hidden on it that we are changing, growing up, getting old and there is nothing wrong with that," she tells her as she gives her one more kiss before standing up, "and for the record I think that grey would look beautiful on you, I guess I'll just have to wait and see? Are you coming now or not?" Lauren is speechless the only thing she is able to do is nod, and y/n sees the state she is in so she just picks her up and carries her towards the shower.

It takes them 45 minutes to take the shower, first 5 minutes y/n spent undressing herself and the next 20 with trying to convince Lauren she is beautiful, the next 5 minutes she spent undressing her and the last 15 minutes they spent kissing, washing and caressing eachothers changed bodies that still look perfect to them.

"So what do you want to do today?" Lauren asks as she sits down on the bed and looks at her wife sitting behind the old piano.

"I want to sing for you, just one song though, then we'll go to the lake if that's alright by you? We haven't been there in ages, maybe we should visit the lighthouse in the near future as well." Lauren nods as she sits down next to y/n and waits for her to start playing the song.

On the days I can't see your eyes
I don't even want to open mine
On the days I can't see your smile
Well, I'd rather sit and wait the while