Chapter 24

I am so excited and I just can't hide it, sorry about that but... this story just reached 20k reads and I am so freaking proud :) Thank you so much for reading this, for voting, for everything you write in those comments :)

Oh God 20k, I just can't bring myself to believe it, you're the best :))
---------------------------------------------------------

I put my shoes on and lean down so Maddie can fix my tie, she runs her fingers through my hair and I pull her hair back in a ponytail. She is wearing a proud smile on her face as we are standing in front of the big mirror looking at eachother through it.

She runs her finger along her eyebrows and closes her eyes as she starts giggling, "well at least I got something from you." I look at her funny and she points at her suit, I start giggling with her. It's her first day of school and it's my first day as a singer, I am finally going to represent my song in front of the whole world. I am a bit insecure and nervous but Maddie knows how to calm me down, she insisted that we buy the same suit for our first big steps and here we are looking like twins in some kind of funny show.

I turn around and Maddie follows me as we hear loud claps coming from our right side, we see Clare standing there with her hands crossed over her chest and a big smile on her face. "I wish I could be there for both of you, but I can't do that. So Mads, we'll have to keep your mommy in our thoughts through all day alright?" She says and her support means the world to me, she might be lying to me about our wedding but I know that she cares about me deeply.

I lift Maddie up inside my lap and tickle her, "mom stop! You're going to ruin my perfect suit and hair. Stop!" I put her down slowly and get on my knees, "do you know how beautiful and smart you are? You're the child I've been dreaming of, so cute and adorable but at the same time so sassy and smart. I love you baby girl." I kiss her forehead sweetly.

"Mom stop, I am not a little child anymore. Don't be like that," Clare starts giggling and I can't stop myself from doing the same. Maddie slips her hand in mine as I stand up and I lift my eyebrow up immediately, "what about not being a child?"

"I can still hold your hand whenever I want!" She throws back immediately and I shake my head as we walk towards the car slowly. Clare locks the door and joins us in the car instantly. "Let's do this," I say as I look at Clare and Maddie who's already looking at me from the back seat.

I take them to Maddie's school and wait for the teacher outside the classroom with them, when the nice lady comes I get on my knees and kiss my daughter for the last time, "be good ok? If anyone tries to pull your hair," she interupts me.

"Push them away and kick their ass I know," we both look at her weirdly in a complete shock.

"No. Mads. That's not how you do it. You tell the teacher if anyhing like that happens. If anyone is mean to you," she interupts us again.

"You'll kick their ass??" I don't know if that's even a question or command.

"No Mads! You tell the teacher that and you tell us too ok? If somebody touches your stuff, you..." she interupts me forcefully this time as she puts her hand over my mouth.

"I'll politely tell them to go away and if they won't listen I will pull their underwear off?" I shake my head immediately.

"No Maddie! Where do you get this from?" Clare yells now from behind us, well hello to you too wifey, I wonder where you've been for the past half an hour because your daughter is talking nonesense. Maddie points at me and I shrug my shoulders and shake my head forcefully.

"So I can't do anything? I just let them touch me?" She asks, her hands crossed in the same way as Clare's are. "You tell this stuff to your teacher."