45

2 Weeks Prior to Wedding
Omniscient

"Ok ok, so.. your dress will be off white.." Honey zoned out of the conversation Simone was having with her, she was too busy texting Syd to even be paying attention.

All she knew was that everything was ready, and they were now anticipating their wedding more than I ever.

i cannot wait to see you in that tux 😋

seen at 1:59PM

and i cant wait to see you with my last name😉

Honey smiled at the message, nibbling at her thumb while she figured out what she was gonna say back.

wyd ?

Syd instantly read the message.

Planning period, got a few skippers in here though😂

Syd had finally went and put her degree to use, getting a job at their local high school which happened to be only 10 minutes away from their place. She had been working there since late fall of the previous year, starting off as an assistant basketball coach.

That was until her coworker got her the hookup, and in less than a week she had an actual job at the school. She was a gym teacher. Something she didn't wanna be, she only liked the coaching idea of working at a school.

She didnt like dealing with those moody teenagers and their attitudes, luckily she knew how to control hers or she would have lost her job only an hour into her first day.

She didn't have an actual ick with her job and was content with it, there were only a few students who got rowdy and disrespectful. The others respected her and actually loved her class, hence why she always had tons of kids skipping.

She then would have to be the 'meanie pants' and threaten to write them up because some kids would attempt to stay in the gym/ her class all day long. School lasted from 8-3 and she didn't have time for other teachers to be blaming her for another students absence and academic deterioration.

So instead, she was chill but strict when she had to be. Like now, she was on planning period and had to get the textbook work together from last week so she allowed a few students to come in and help her get papers situated and graded, but the moment Honey texted her, she got sidetracked.

"Coach, this name doesn't have a paper.." One girl told her, she glanced up from her phone and her smile slightly disappeared, making the girl smirk.

"Who you smiling at like that?"

"Girl you know Coach married."

"Oop, for real Coach, you know Ms. Turner be tryna get at you." The students began to get off topic quickly. "That must be her that you're texting."

"Yall all in my business, finish sorting these papers." Syd could do nothing but chuckle, they joined in return. "We would if you would actually grade the ones that we already sat in front of you.."