Chapter 183 - The Visitor

Chapter Cover: Eve standing by herself as she overlooked a large open world in front of her.

The town of Blue Flower was very grateful for what we have done for them. We returned to the Mayor along with Meredith who was doing a good job of explaining everything that had happened when we got to the man's office. I had a small smile on my face that wouldn't go away. Ever since I had stepped away from that destroyed building which had held the many memories of the past I had with Gajeel and the burden that I had unknowingly carried over all those years, I was glad that I was finally able to put everything to rest.

I turned my attention toward the Mayor who gave us a light nod.

"I'm thankful that you have managed to actually take care of our problem," he said with a light smile, "We would have been in serious trouble if you have come here just a little later."

"It was our pleasure," I told him, "It was pretty nice to come back here again, thought the town haven't changed as much as I thought it would."

Torayama let out small chuckle.

"Yeah, our town isn't that big to begin with," he said, "But it is in the plan to expend it in the future as we move forward and now with this bandits problem handled, we can finally focus upon building upon our community."

"That's good," Erza smiled.

The man smiled lightly at her. We all stood up and then Erza and I made our way out of the room and then soon enough, we were back outside of the village. I placed my hands behind my back as we stood there, the sun still shining down upon us thought it looked like clouds were gently moving in the warm wind that was blowing through the air.

"We finish this job quicker than I thought," Erza said, "We could go back to the guild and take another one…one more to your taste, like a monster hunt?"

"A monster hunt should lovely," I smiled, "With the new powers that I have now, I can't wait to truly test them against something that could actually give me a good fight."

"You're starting to sound like Natsu you know that," Erza said as we walked together.

"Am I?" I asked, frowning.

The redhead nodded.

"Talking of fighting," she continued, "I think you tested yourself plenty in the Grand Magic Games against the multiple opponents that you fought against throughout it."

I thought back about it. I did fight against a lot of people during the Games. I had fought against Jura on the first day too something that I wasn't expecting but then again, considering how crazy the Games have been the past few days with one crazy events to the next.

"The events were not anything to sneeze at either," I told her.

Erza had this small smile on her face as she looked at me.

"And you were beautiful the entire time you were fighting," she said, "dangerously beautiful. It's no wonder you gained some fans."

With her mentioning fans, the image of Elizabeth appeared within my mind. That strange girl had left an impression on me, and I didn't know whether that was a good thing or bad. Something about her had been familiar, that much I could gather but where that familiarity came from I couldn't really pint point it.

"So you says," I told her.

"Hey, Erza, Eve," a familiar voice called out.

We both turned toward where it came from. It was Meredith and the young woman had a small grin upon her lips as she approached us.