Chapter 4 - Tower of Heaven

All of us kids were taken into the lower levels of the ship. With our hands tied together by a magical bind, none of us could escape, thought I had a feeling we couldn't even if we tried. It was dark and stinky inside the ship as it rocked to and fro with the waves of the seawater. I was seated in between two unfamiliar kids, since Mui and I got separated during the boarding.

I glanced toward the small girl beside me taking notice of the white hair. Her hair reminds me of Mirajane's hair now that I think about it. I can tell that she was shaking and sobbing softly. Thrown into a dire situation like that is probably going to scare anyone for life. Even me, despite having my other self's memories, I was still scared with my heart hammering in my chest. Despite my knowledge, I was still afraid.

Afraid like a child.

I didn't know how long we stayed inside that ship lower level, but it must have been a few hours, as I stayed seating on the wooden floor, just waiting to arrive at our destination. I turned my attention toward the other girl beside me.

"It will be okay, don't worry," I told her, touching her small shoulder.

She didn't even give any sign that she had heard me and I simply put my head in my knees just waiting for the boat ride to end. Occasionally, one of those robbed people checked upon us, by walking through the area we were in. I looked up once, during the first time they came, and I instantly recognize the man from his magical signature.

He was the one who captured both Mui and I, and I quickly looked down to avoid seeing his face as he turned into my direction. I heard his footsteps echoing on the wooden floor as he approached where I was. I peeked just over my arm, noticing the heavy boots standing right there in front of me.

I could feel his stare upon my body as he stood there and it took all my will power not too look up toward his face as I tighten my grip upon the ring that was in my hand. Samara's ring had always brought me comfort in the days that the girl had gotten adopted.

Then to my utmost relief, the footsteps moved away and toward the stairs, living us behind. I swallowed thickly, not wanting to show any weakness…or to cry.

But I was a child wasn't I? That was already a weakness they will exploit.
--------------------------

The sound of voices roused me from my sleep. I didn't understand what was happening at first with everyone talking so I turned to the guy beside me.

"W…What's going on?"

"Get up all of you," a man was saying kicking one of the kids that were still on the ground.

Someone from behind me pushed my body forward and I glanced back toward it seeing another of those guys rousing the rest of the kids. I caught sight of Mui there and he did see me as well and quickly walked up to me.

"Are you okay Eve?" he asked.

"I'm not hurt," I answered him as we were following the file of kids toward the upper deck of the boat, "Do you know where we are?"

He shook his head.

"No idea," he said, "I think that those guys are from some kind of Dark cult of something of the kind, and they must the group that was responsible for the missing kid's rumors that had been going on."

I took hold of his clothes as we walked out of toward the deck and into the cold night air. I shivered slightly at the blowing wind glancing around in the darkness. As I walked I glanced around the ship and noticed that it was a lot bigger than I first expected. It was enormous with other number of peoples all of them with chained hands and feet.

"W…What is that?" Mui said suddenly looking off toward something in the distance right above my head.

I turned my head toward the direction he was looking at. Barely hidden by the misty fog and standing out like a forbidden castle in the distance was the Tower of Heaven. In the darkness, I didn't know what to think when I stare at it. It was already in construction but it was mostly the bottom part that looked like it was completed.