Chapter 32 - Fairy Law

To say Jose was mad when I was standing in front of him was an understatement. The man looked downright pissed off, with how black his eyes had become. All around his body his Shade magic was starting to leak out of his form like and I can feel the chill rolling off of him in waves.

"Have you forgotten your place Eve?" he spoke out, his voice holding a barely restrained anger within it's depths.

"The Job was to get Lucy Heartfilia," I said, "You should have stopped when I came back with her…but what did you do? You decide to wipe out Fairy Tail. I will not stand with you if you're slowly turning Phantom Lord into a Dark Guild."

"After everything that I have done for you Eve," he said, "This is how you decide to repay me? I took you within my guild, and decide to give you a life…and yet you stand against me."

"Erza was my friend long before I was part of Phantom Lord," I answered him, "and I'll be damned if I simply stand there and let you kill her, Master Jose."

Master Jose seems to pause as he frown lightly at what I just said.

"Before Phantom Lord you say?" he inquired, "Oh…you mean, the place where you've gotten that scar."

I feel myself tensing, as I always do whenever someone mentioned about back then.

"The cult that was responsible for a large amount of children kidnapping for the good part of a decade," he continued, "I recognized the symbol on your face the first time Totomaru described it to me…and I must say, I am shocked to hear that Titania is also part of the same upbringing."

I tightened my hold on RuneSave.

"But you must be glad to hear that a recent Wizard Saint is responsible for the end of this calamity," he said, "The one they call Siegrain…but as you must know, I am also a Wizard Saint and fighting against me is like trying to climb a wall with both hands tied behind your back."

His black lips widen as his smirk deepened.

"Knowing this, you think you have what it takes to defeat me?" he asked.

Erza made to stand beside me, though she was still covered in bruises and I swear that her body was shaking at every steps she made.

"I don't care if you're a Wizard Saint," she said, "Anyone who attack my guild and my friends…is my enemy."

I raised RuneSave to chest height, as golden feathers started to appear around my form.

"Consider this my resignation from Phantom Lord."

Jose smiled and then his Shade magic exploded.

"I will enjoy tearing the two of you to pieces," he growled.

"Let's go Eve," Erza said charging forward.

I chuckled, feeling a light nostalgia hearing these words. It was just like back then when we fought against the cult during the slave rebellion, and it felt only right to say what needed to be said afterward.

"Right behind ya, Erza."

Then the two of us charged straight toward Jose who simply stood there with both of his hands by his side and then with our swords, we started to slash at him with top speed but he was avoiding all of the attacks aimed at him and our sword strikes seems to just miss him.

"Child Play," Jose said and then he let out a sudden rise in magic throwing both me and Erza backward and then we landed on the ground…thought I landed on my feet and Erza was upon her back.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, with a small quick glance.

"It seems what I have done today is catching up to me," Erza answered with a small.