Chapter 107 - The Winners Assemble

Gajeel was on cloud nine from the large grin he had on his face. Facing against Erza and actually coming up victorious is probably going to be something he is going to be proud of for a very long time. I was following after him with a small smile upon my face after all, I did feel a little bit of joy at defeating Erza.

"This Trial is kicking ass," Gajeel laughed, "I'm betting that we are going to have a battle royal next just like Phantom's and the last one standing will be the S-Class."

"I doubt that Fairy Tail will have something that extreme," I told him with a shrug.

The Dragon Slayer gave me a sideway glance.

"C'mon Eve," he said, "Stop acting all humble about it. We managed to beat Erza and the way we're going, we'll dominate the competition completely. And I'll bet that when all of this is over, you'll have a real feeling of what it means to be S-Class."

I placed both of my hands behind my back.

"That's right," I said, "Both you and Juvia used to be S-Class wizards back when we were part of Phantom Lord…hard to believe that it had only being four months since we've joined Fairy Tail. It feels longer than that."

"You and me both," Gajeel answered, "With all that mess that happened in Edolas, only a guild like that could ever get pulled into a freaking war."

Then he turned toward me.

"I'm still feeling sore that I missed that giant Festival that Laxus guy did," he said, "I'm guessing that you and Salamander got all the actions while I was away for the Master on work."

I smirked.

"It's not like you would have been able to do much even when you were there."

He seems confused.

"What's that suppose to mean? Are you telling me that I'm not strong enough?"

I sighed shaking my head.

"I didn't say that," I told him, "It's just that Natsu was caught behind a rune barrier for most of the fight. It was around the very end that he managed to get out and face Laxus in battle."

"A battle that you helped him with," Gajeel reminded me.

"I know."

We continued down the path that lead through the many ruins of what look likes an ancient village that seems to have been built there long ago. I glanced around it, taken aback by the ruins that were around us.

"This island must have been someone's home one long ago," I said, "I wonder who could have lived here."

"We probably never going to find out at this rate," Gajeel said, "We didn't comes here for a mystery solving case."

Then the ground started to shake causing the two of us to stop walking, taken aback by the sudden rise in magic power. I can already feel a chill growing through my back at the amount of magic power that was being unleashed in the surrounding. I was frozen with fear, unable to think that a single person had been the one responsible for this, and I recognize that magic quite well…

"What the hell?" Gajeel said, "This is some intense magic pressure here."

"It…It's Gildarts," I whispered.

The Dragon Slayer glanced at me.

"What…Gildarts? You mean that old man that came to the guild a few days ago?"

I nodded.

The pressure of magic was intense and I wasn't even in the same place as the man himself. If he was right in front of me and unleashing all of that magic…I don't think I'll be able to stand upon my own feet.