Chapter 72 - My Darkness

The young man stood at the entrance of the bathroom, his eyes fixed upon me. I can see the numerous expression crossing his face but he didn't say anything other than kneeling down in front of me.

"Eve…what…?"

"Please Mui, don't say anything," I pleaded at him, "Please…don't hate me, please don't be disguted…"

"Eve…Eve," he said taking hold of my shoulders, "Calm down…"

"Calm down…?" I repeated, "How can I be calm? Don't you see what's happening to me…I 'm not even, I am not even human…how can I be human when have a tail? I mean, what kind of person has a tail?"

He wrapped his arms around my form.

"Calm down," he said, "Just calm yourself down…you won't be any use of us if you are completely losing yourself at the moment. Just take some deep breath and calm yourself. Can you do that?"

I nodded into his shoulder, feeling my body shaking as I drew a breath.

"That's it," he said encouragingly, "Just breath deeply."

I continued to breath and I can feel the panic that had settled in earlier slowly disappearing. I didn't know what was going on to me but I have to keep calm. I never expected something like this to happen when I first heard I was a non-human.

Then Mui let my body go as he glanced toward me, his eyes meeting mines.

"You're calm now?"

I sniffed before nodding.

"I am," I told him.

"Good," he said with a light smile, "Now, you want to tell me what exactly is going on here? It's not everyday that I see a person with a tail."

"I don't know Mui," I told him, shaking my head, "I honestly don't know."

He shook his head.

"Alright," he said, "Now, how about we get out of this bathroom and into the room?"

"I'll join you in a second," I told him as he helped me up.

Mui nodded at me before he walked out and I turned my attention toward the mirror, taking notice of the slitted eyes staring back at me. Now that I think about it, my eyes look like a Dragon Slayer, like Natsu and Gajeel's eyes…heck even Laxus's eyes when he had unleashed his Dragon Slayer Magic when Natsu and I faced him in Kardia Cathedrale.

Now that I think about it, Nova's ears were longer than a normal human's as well. When I had met the actual woman in that Golden Plains when I died…

Could this be…my demon side is awakening? I thought.

But I never heard of anything like this happening before. There was never something like this happening in the anime…but I wasn't part of the Fairy Tail anime was I? I was never part of the actual canon of the story.

I was an unkown variable that had been drawn into this world because Nova didn't wants her child of suffer...it used my soul so that I could complete…

"Eve,"

I was startled out of my thoughts by Mui who had once again appeared in the doorway of the bathroom. He was worried from the look in his eyes and I don't blame him.

"Sorry," I told him, "I was lost in thoughts for a few moments."

He nodded, and I can see a light relief in his eyes.

"Good," he smiled.

I returned it and I can feel the extanded canines within my mouth. I followed him back inside the room.