17. Her POV

I was on the soft blanket and heard footsteps opening my eyes and he sat down but looked angry.

"Hey what's the matter baby?" I asked sitting up and looking at his eyes but he looked away and sniffled.

I just grabbed his hand held it in mine. He scooted away, not facing me but let me hold his hand I watched as I sat him put his head in his shirt.

"Do you want me to call Lane?" I asked.

"No." He whispered and I felt bad. His hand tensed and I didn't know what to do. He began shaking and stood up pacing back and fourth.

He walked to a tree and punched it a few times before tugging at his hair and I stood walking to him and putting my hands on his sides while I looked up at him.

"Noah what can I do?" I asked concerned.

"I-I can't help her." His voice cracked and I didn't understand.

"My m-mom is back with her abusive boyfriend and expects me to visit them soon. He was j-just in jail for putting his hands on her and now she bailed in out, spending so much fucking money on this garbage man who expects me to listen and call him dad like he relates to me in any way and she didn't tell and wants to to see them." He rubbed his face with his hands and I saw his cut knuckles.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and he looked down at me, putting his hands on the side of my head and scratching my hair.

"I'm so happy I have you." He looked at me dead in the eyes and I was so lost.

"I would've driven there and done something bad but I have you. It'll be fine right?" He asked and I put my hands over his. I could tell this was really upsetting for him.

"It'll be just fine love. I know this must be difficult." I said and he hugged me tightly to him.

"I'm sorry I don't wanna drag you into my shit." He kissed my head.

"I'm okay to be dragged if it's what you need. If you want me to stay out I'll do that just the same." I said and he began walking, we sat on the small blanket and I laid on my side as he was on his back with his hands behind his head. I played with his shirt and hair.

"When I was 9 I was diagnosed with Behavioral Anger Issues, my dad left at 10. Bad bad men had been in and out of the house, using my mom, hitting her, making her a drunk since then. This one man won't leave and he keeps kicking me out the other half that I'm not leaving myself and I've never spent so many damn days with Lane. Not that I hate it but this man isn't paying the bills, I am. I'm keeping her fed and clean. She waisted all her money on buying him drugs and alcohol. Bastard." He shook his head.

I placed small kissed on each closed eyelid and on his cheeks and forehead.

He pulled me and I was now sitting on him and straddling his waist.

He looped his fingers in my belt loops and smiled at me.

"Pretty." He mumbled and I grinned.

"Handsome. I hope you know none of those things change my feelings about you." I said and he touched my face.

"I know. That's why I told you." He pulled me down and I was lying on his body.

"This is such an isolated hill." He chuckled.

"I know. It's nice. I'm tired though, and full." I said and he rubbed my back.

"Go to sleep. Maybe when you wake up the stars will be all lit up for you." He kissed my head and I listened.