21

Cassidy's Pov
"Cassidy!" I heard.

I rushed to pack my things. I slipped a sweatshirt over myself and left through the fire escape in the locker room.

"Cassidy!!" How'd she know I went through the fire escape.

I ran through the woods of the forest that was behind the school. I could still hear her call my name.

I took a break and walked through. It was cold and I had shorts on due to being in the gym.

After that I heard footsteps as I bolted out the forest finding myself on the highway of the town. I walked beside the highway as people  were driving by.

When I reached a gas station. I stopped to get me a drink. A bottled one and after that I ran home.

"Hey sweetie why are you home?!" My mom yelled as I ran up the stairs.

I locked my door and than went into my bathroom locking that door. I had taken so much information so fast it took me awhile to calm down.

Except calming down never came. I was hyperventilating... couldn't look at myself in the mirror to figure out if it was my clothes that made him think that.

I couldn't figure if I could ever want to trust anyone here in this cruel world.

"CASSIDY GRACE DAWSON!!" I heard outside my door.

"WHY IS THERE POLICE SURROUNDING MY HOUSE!!" She yelled and I put my hands over my ears to cancel the sounds around me.

"Cassidy..." I heard as I found Anna outside my bathroom door this time.

"Cmon please answer me in there." She said and I just put my arms over my head panicking.

She started to pick the lock on the door as I started to panic.

I didn't know what happened. If he really drugged my drink I wouldn't be able to sleep for days knowing someone I trusted was a bad person.

"Hey it's okay. I know I'm sorry." Anna said as I felt her arms around me.

"Cassidy Dawson. Please come with me." I heard a policeman say. I shook my head no moving to the corner of the bathroom.

"Hey you have to calm down first alright... it's okay." Anna said as she got closer.

"Officers get out of my daughters room now." I heard seeing my dad.

"We need her for questioning." He said.

"Okay I think everyone needs to get out." Anna said as everyone started to look at each other.

They all ended up agreeing as Anna stayed. She closed the door and leaned against it as if I wouldn't go anywhere.

"I'm sorry." She said and I looked at her.

"Whatever... it's fine." I muttered out.

She moved and sat next to me. My head fell on her shoulder I was getting tired. I usually go to bed at 11 but it was 5.

My eyes slowly started to close and my body went limp on her. She moved me around so I would be more comfy. I was straddling her now but I was way too tired to move.

Eventually... I fell asleep.

Anna's POV
I moved her to her own bed. She didn't need to go to the police right after finding out.

She needed a little space and I laid her down but she didn't let go. I tried to slip out of her arms but she put her head in my neck.

Would it bother her if I stayed?

deciding to stay I let her sleep. Maybe the police would allow her to come in tomorrow.

She changed positions and ended up turning on her opposite side. I was fighting over wet here if I should try and wraps my arm around her or if she wanted space.

She moved her head where it was close to mine and her body moved closer to mine putting her hand under the pillow where it was probably cold.

I put my arm around her torso and she had a few light snores come from her. I felt my eyes start to close.

~~~~~~

I woke up with Cassidy's legs tangled with mine. I slowly let go of her and got out to the bed. I forgot where I was but when I realized the family sitting in the living room with a couple of cops.

"Oh..." I mumbled.

The mother was crying so was the father and the little kid was clueless on what happened.

I was going to get a little water and some food for Cassidy. After being the water and a few crackers I went back down and I was about to leave when the cops said my name.

"Where is she?" Her mom asked me as I pointed upstairs.

"Miss Shumate you and Kacy Lance submitted a case to the police for Rape and drugged." The police asked me as I nodded.

"You had possession of a towel full of blood and a pills?" He asked me and I shook my head no.

"Derek King had those in his possessions." I said and he nodded.

"We did bring him into questioning yesterday." He said and I looked at him.

I sat down on the couch after getting invited. The police looked at me and took a big sigh.

"Derek was asked a few questions. He will be going to court and you will be a witness to the case." He said.

"Derek King confirmed he drugged and Raped her." He said and I just stared at the ground.

A/n

I'm sorry but I hate clingy people who depend on you to control their mental health's. Like I can't handle my own what makes you think I can handle more 🥲