20

Coach Lance's Pov
Today the basketball team had an away game which I took my chance to check his office because that's where he took her.

I found everything normal when I walked him but under his desk was a couple of boxes and duffel bags. I checked each one and found a bloody towel in one. A bottle of pills in the other?

I took a closer look and decided to pack the cloth in a ziplock bag to check for DNA and I took everything to the police.

"Here you go." I said.

Anna came with me with video of evidence although Cassidy didn't admit she was possible raped she was saying he was trying to be touchy with her.

"Alright we'll bring in the solution. Come back two days?" He asked us and I looked at Anna who was nodding. He looked at me and I nodded.

As we were walking out I heard Anna speak up.

"You think Cassidy is gonna be okay?" She asked.

The moment Anna's eyes laid on top of Cassidy she clicked onto her. She wanted to grow more closer and I've recognized that on how long and many times she's been in that locker room of the basketball players.

"No... not really." I said.

"She's gonna quit the basketball team... I'm hoping to see if my friend can come in and coach for a few years maybe." I said and she took out a long sigh.

"Maybe change her mind. This isn't gonna blow over her easily. A victim is a victim and they won't be able to forget this ever happened." I said and I looked over at Anna who was nodding.

"Just... be there." I said getting in my car.

"And for god sakes... Don't mess it up." I said and than drove off.

Anna's Pov
I couldn't tell what I was feeling if I betrayed Cassidy for going behind her back but I really didn't want her own coach making her uncomfortable.

He was hurting her and he was making her mental health worse. Over the yet of time she hasn't been eating cause her Coach made her believe if she didn't eat she would get stronger and have more energy.

She was gonna say something back because she knew eating would give you better health and energy to actually having enough to play a game. But he made her run...

He always told her the wrong things. He made her believe his lies to making her weaker just to get a mother chance and grab her.

And at this point... I don't even know if she's gonna trust me anymore. Matter of fact trust anyone.

I was really hoping I could get a shot of at least being her friend. I wouldn't wish for anything more than to just be someone who was her friend.

"Hi Anna." I heard seeing Cassidy.

"Oh hey. What are you doing out in the park?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"You actually walked on the court..." she said and I looked around to see I had walked so far from the police station by thinking so deep I wasn't paying attention.

"I'm sorry." I said and she smiled.

"It's okay." Her voice...

I haven't realized that her voice sounded so nice. I could have a conversation and her just talking to me would light up my day in seconds.

"Where did you walk from?" She asked and I stopped tapping my feet on the ground.

"Oh just from the gas station." I said and she nodded.

"Well it's getting a little dark you wanna walk with me?" And my mood lighten up.

"Yeah sure." I smiled and she packed her things and left with me walking on the sidewalk where it was just us and in the chilly cold.

Cassidy's Pov
We were at practice and myself was shooting a few three pointers. It was a free day for everyone since thanksgiving break was coming up.

"Hey." I said seeing Anna who was looking at me.

She had a soccer ball in her hands but she kept staring at me. Her expression turned to worry and her eyes trailed my entire body.

"Did you have a cut when you passed out in the snow last week?" She asked and I scratched the back of my neck.

"No I don't think so. My head wound prolly opened up a little. But overall I don't think I bled too much." I said and now I was really getting worried when she frowned.

"I'm... really sorry." She said and I was so confused.

But the entire gym got silent when we heard some doors open. A squad of cops came in and they had their guns out in their holster.

I just stared as everyone started to back away back to my point. I felt someone's hand wrap around mine when I saw Anna.

"DEREK KING YOUR UNDER ARRESTED FOR MOLESTATION AND RAPE." They yelled as my coach put his hands up.

"What?! I did t rape or moles anyone!" He yelled and I could feel a fear just overthrowing my actions and I wanted to bolt out of the school.

"Sir have the right to remain silent. Anythin-" the police was cut off when he bolted towards... me?

"I didn't do anything to you. I swear to god I didn't do anything." He said and everyone was looking at me.

"YOU CAME ONTO ME!" He yelled and everyone started to whisper.

"W-what..." I mumbled.

"I DID NOT RAPE YOU!" He yelled and I felt Anna's hand squeeze tighter.

"Wait what are you talking about?" I asked him as the officers started to arrest him.

"Cassidy... the night you told me you passed out... he took advantage of you and spiked your drink." Anna said behind me.

"Which made you forget everything and he made up a lie saying you were found outside in the cold... that's also where you got your bruises. Cass you have to believe me." She said.

"No... he wouldn't do that." I said.

"YOUR A FUCKING LIAR." He yelled and there was so much that had happened.

"SIR! THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT ANYTHING YOU SAY AND CAN WILL BE USE IN THE COURT OF LAW!" The police yelled as they dragged him out of the gym.

Everyone started to whisper... I bolted.

Guess who had like 5 mental breakdowns at school and ended up getting a 20 piece chicken nuggets at McDonald's in the end? :)