18

Cassidy's Pov
I woke up to blinding lights. I looked around and saw I was in the nurse room.

"Hey sweetie... Coach said you passed out outside." She said and I looked at her.

The only thing I could remember is trying to open a door. It was locked and I guess I passed out after that.

The coach looked at me as he waved me goodbye and left me. I was still in the nurses room. I was bundled in blankets and had my clothes on except for one of my sweatshirt. Where did the one that Anna gave me go?

I got up and felt my entire body sting. My back was hurting... my legs apparently had bruises everywhere.

I slipped out of the nurses room quietly. I couldn't walk outside where it was dark because I didn't want to be kidnapped at this point.

I called someone that would always pick up the phone... Anna.

"Look if your wanting to talk about how you left the game so early don't even." She said and I frowned.

"I'm sorry... Anna. I was gonna come meet you-" she cut me off with a question.

"Where are you? Are you outside?" She asked me as I felt the cold wind on my face.

I was only in a sweatshirt and sweatpants with basically nothing underneath my sweatshirt except for a bra.

"I- I think I'm still at the school. I must have passed out." I said and her voice changed to worry.

"I'm coming to pick you up. Go inside. You'll be warmer." She said.

"The uhm doors are locked. My coach and the nurse must have found me outside... can you please hurry... I'm getting frostbite I think." I said looking at my fingers.

They were turning blue and my teeth were chattering.

"I'm coming darling I promise..." she said and I melted at her words on the inside.

A few minutes later she pulled up. She had the car warm and it felt amazing.

"I-Im sorry I didn't mean to leave you. I was gonna get a quick drink of water and get a little warmer." I said and she shook her head.

"I should have came and find you. It's my fault it's okay... are you getting warmer?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Thanks..." I mumbled and she smiled.

"Hey what happened to your wrist.?" She asked me as I looked at it and it was a bruise all around my wrist.

"I don't know..." I muttered looking at it.

In minutes we pulled up to her driveway and I realized I've never been to Anna's house and it quite scared me to be in a new place.

"Can you stay here? Just for the sakes of it. I'll bring you home first thing in the morning." She said and I nodded not wanting to be out here for any longer.

She walked behind me as she opened the door her house was decorated with lights and thanksgiving decorations everywhere.

"Oh my! You must be Cassidy! Anna's told us everything about you." I heard an older version of basically Anna.

"You look cold lemme get you two some hot chocolate." She said and I felt Anna behind me.

"Cmon." She whispered as I felt her arms on my shoulder.

She brought me to her room. It was an LED light on purple. She had a big bed and I felt her behind me.

"Hey where's the sweatshirt I gave you?" She asked me and I froze.

"I don't know. I must have left it at the school. I'm sorry. Fuck how could I be that dumb." I muttered the last few words.

"Hey it's okay. Wasn't important to me anyway... let's get you settled in alright?" She asked me and I nodded.

I felt her start to pull the sweatshirt off of me as I was skeptical but I let her when she gasped.

"Cass... oh my god..." she whispered when I felt her cold hands touch my back making me jump.

"Did you hit your back on something? You have a bruise on your shoulder blade... you also have a bruises everywhere." She said looking in the mirror.

"I guess I must have..." I said.

"Wait here." She said and I just stood their awkwardly with my sweatshirt on the floor.

I had a black bra on and I was quite insecure standing in the mirror.

She came back with some ointment cream... she put some on her finger and started to rub it on my back making me jump.

"Why don't we sit down." She said and I nodded sitting on her bed.

She started to put the cream on my abdomen and to the sides of my body.

"Can I see if you have anymore on your legs?" She asked me as I knew the stretch marks on my thighs were gonna show and I was really insecure with stretch marks on my body.

"Please? I wanna make sure I cover everything... I won't do anything I promise." She said pulling her pinky out.

I Interlocked our pinkies and she nodded taking my sweatpants off. Most of the bruises were on my thighs.

She started to put the cream on every bruise... she decided to wash my clothes and gave me a pair of her sweatpants and and another of her sweatshirt. But as I was putting the sweatshirt on the girl with the hot chocolate came in and dropped the tray when she saw me.

"Oh my god... what happened!" She yelled as Anna ran in.

"She passed out in the cold it's okay mom." Anna said and we realized the hot chocolate has spilled on the tray.

"Are you sure..? Those don't look like marks of a pass out fall." She said and Anna looked at me before looking down my body.

"Why don't you guys go to bed and we can talk about this tomorrow..." her mom said and I nodded.

"That would be grateful..." I mumbled and everyone nodded.

"I'll go make some more coco." She said leaving.

"Hey look at me and tell me there isn't anyone at home hurting you." Anna said cupping my face.

I shook my head no and she nodded before jumping in bed and uncovering the sheets inviting me.

"You sure you don't want me to sleep on the floor?" I asked and she shook her head no.

I got up in her bed and I felt her arms wrap around me. Her arm over my torso and she got closer to me.

"I'm sorry I got mad." She whispered.

"It's okay"

A/n

My parents are so close to sending me to a mental hospital rn.

I've had the shittiest day ever 😀