16

Anna's POV
"Hey." I heard behind me as I saw the captain of the basketball team...

"Is Cassidy gonna quit basketball?" She asked me.

"She uhm. She thought about it. I tried motivating her to continue. That's really all the best I could do to motivate her." I said and she nodded.

"How is Cassidy?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"She's getting there. She's still throwing up but I mean her fever has gotten lower." I said and she nodded.

"That's great." She said and it was pretty awkward between us.

"You've been hanging a lot around her." She said and I looked at her.

"You know she doesn't hang out with people so often. Yet you've only known her for like more than 3 months..." she said rambling on.

"How'd you do it?" She asked me.

"I don't know... I just acted like myself." I said and she nodded.

"Mkay... don't fall for her. She'll friendzone you." She said and I froze.

"Wait what?" I asked her.

"I already tried." She said and I wondered.

"In case if your ever wondering... her favorite flowers are Red Freesias. They grow overnight." She said.

She was about to walk away when I stopped her.

"Tell me more." I said and she sighed.

"Dark chocolate is her favorite. She liked sour patch candy and blue Gatorade is her favorite." She said and I wanted to write everything down but for now I had to remember it.

"Her favorite book is... 'they both die at the end' by 'Adam Silveria' Her favorite show is Station 19 and probably TVD." She said and I nodded.

"Oh... she is so much different than me..." I mumbled.

My fact is I loved chocolate everything except dark chocolate and red was my favorite Gatorade.

I don't read books nor do I barley watch tv. I focus on hanging out with friends and eventually partying.

Cassidy was basically the opposite of me. We don't play the same sports. Different heights different hair color and yet different way of reactions.

It's quite sad that we barely had any similarities. Except we go to the same school. And all the other things that we have but we don't have the same hobbies.

But it didn't stop me to wanting to know her more. I went home and grabbed my other duffel bag which was an emergency sleepover bag where Eva packed for me in case she had late night tea. I went to the pantry and grabbed a bag of pockys and went to Cassidy's house.

I sneaked by her brothers room and knocked to know if she was asleep or not. When she said come in I opened the door to see Cassidy working on homework.

"Hey." I said setting my bag right next to her door.

"Oh wow... I didn't know my front door was unlocked." She said and I was nervous even though I've known her for 3 months.

"I'm sorry." I said and she shook her head.

"It's okay I was just playing with you." She said and I nodded.

"I Uhh... brought a box." I said holding the pockys.

"And before you say they are mine. I brought you one too." I said pulling another one out and tossing it to her.

"Oh thank you." She said and I smiled.

"Can you... uhm help me." She said and I looked at her from the ground.

She was nervous and I genuinely think this was her first time asking for help. I smiled and nodded getting up in her bed and see what the problem was for her.

I had took a glance from the back of her neck to see some red marks hinting to me that she has been scratching hardly on the back of her neck.

I didn't worry about it cause I know it was her way to coping and I didn't want to take that away.

I sat behind her and helped her with the math that we were doing. I didn't notice that Cassidy shifted some of her body weight against me... and I just now realized that I was laying my head on her shoulder.

After I helped her she went to get up and go the bathroom. I looked at her shelves full of books and realized that book of hers that Zoey said was her favorite was laying on her desk.

I got up and took a look at it. I've also seen that she has written a few notes on the side. On the back she drew something in the book. It was goodly drawn of two people together and at the top... she wrote. 'what is love'.

"You wanna go get some food- oh..." I heard as I dropped the book from my hands seeing her.

"I was just- reading?" I said and she just stared at me.

I picked the book up and placed it on her desk. I proceeded to walk to her and she just stared at me.

"I didn't see anything... I was just reading. It seems interesting book." I said.

"You saw the notes..." she said and I sighed and knew I was busted.

"Why don't we- go get some food." She said and I agreed at my embarrassment of going through her book.

I knew she was embarrassed by the fact I went through her book and it was an awkward ride...

"Hey uhm... I have a game on Thursday... you wanna come? I can pay for your ticket." I said and she looked at me has I drove.

"Sure."

A/n

I'm slowly going crazy 😃