31

The waft of food hot your face as you entered the restaurant of the hotel. Although it was a buffet, the food looked decent. Mr Dell told everyone to just do what they want. You grabbed a plate and started to take bits and bits. As did Peter and Ned. You took a seat beside Mj. Before you could say hello to her you were interrupted. "Hi y/n" Liz spoke taking the seat beside you. You moaned inside. "Hey." you said acting nice. "So em i heard in a read in a ted talk that doing a rebellious activity before a group competition is good for morale." she stated. "And...." you asked. "We're all gonna go swimming in the pool tonight." she whispered. "Come, bring Peter and Ned too." she added. You actually thought it was good idea, you needed a little fun. "Yeah ill go, dunno about Pete, not really his scene, but i'll get him to go." you said. "Nice, you and Peter are real close." she implied. You nodded your head. "Liz? Can i ask you something?" you asked. She nodded. "You have anyone for homecoming?" you asked. "- i'm not asking you." you chuckled. She laughed. "No, not trynna brag, a lot of guys asked but no one really i like." she said. "is there anyone you like?" you asked, you wanted to know if she liked Pete. Liz paused. She was looking at Peter. You sighed. "No one." she smiled. You nodded. 'They both like eachother' you said in your head. You just decided to eat your dinner.

After dinner the three of you went back to your hotel room. "Y/n?" Pete asked opening the door. "Y'a." you said. "What we're you talking to Liz about." he asked. "Oh yeah actually, we're all going swimming later , you guys are coming." you replied. Pete and Ned looked at eachother. In unison they said "We cant.". "Why not." you said. "I'm really tired." Ned said. "And im gonna study." Peter added. "Come on guys it's one night." you begged. The two boys didn't budge. You smacked your tongue "Fine". You slammed on the bed. "What did Liz say about me." Pete asked softly. This could be your chance to ruin everything. Tell him that Liz finds you annoying or stupid. "Liz said......She thinks your.......a good guy." you stuttered. He blushed. "Exuse me." Ned said as he walked to the bathroom. "Pete." you stated. He nodded. You wanted Pete to be happy. "Ask Liz to homecoming. I think she likes you, you obviously like her," you said dying inside. "Really." he asked. You nodded.
"Thanks y/n." he said hugging you. His touch was soft. He smiled letting you go.

You got changed into swimming trunks. It was around 9:30. It wasn't late but Mr Dell was asleep and mostly all of the hotel crew were out. There was a knock at your door. You opened it. "Hey." Liz said. "You ready." she asked "Yeah." yous said grabbing your towel. Peter also was leaving the room. "You not coming, Peter." Liz asked. "No umm i'm gonna go study in the um...business centre." he stuttered. "Peter you don't need to study you litterally the smartest guy i know." She said. You rolled your eyes. "They started talking so you continued to walk with the rest of the group. "Come on Liz." a couple of the guys were whispering shouting. Liz ran towards you all. You saw Peter looking at you all. You mouthed 'come on'. He turned and walked away. Everyone then went to the pool. For about an hour you just relaxed in the jacuzzi. Others jumped and splashed in the pool but you just relaxed. You dried off and got back to your room. Ned was asleep, Peter wasn't back yet though. You were tired and there was a big day tomorrow you didn't wait to get under the covers.

Your alarm went off. 7.00. The quiz wasn't till 1 so you had enough time to settle. Ned woke up aswell. "Ned?" you asked. "what." "Where's Peter." Ned shot up. "ughhhhhhh." he was confused. "Alright Ned, i'll get us breakfast, you call Pete." you said. It was too early for this. You quickly got dressed and went down to the breakfast buffet. You grabbed two cups of coffee and stuffed your big pockets with pastries. No one noticed you thankfully and you got back to the room. "Ned open up." you knocked on the door. Ned opened the door. "So pete!?"  you enquired pacing the food and drinks in the counter. "not answering." You rubbed your head. "Look hes probably just out on a run or something, you know how into his fitness he his." Ned assured. "Ok, ok." you said drinking your coffee. "What now." You asked Ned. He shrugged. You called Peter a couple of times but no answer. Each minute you got more and more anxious. Peter wasn't showing up.