One more time

Later that evening at the NJC

Shane's pov

I hate to admit I was rather glad to see Stacey off as she got in her car to head back to college. If anything, her less than stellar attitude had only worsened since dinner. After saying our goodbyes, Lisa and Carrie went to workout at the gym at their school while Mike and I finished some of our paperwork for Monday.

After just over an hour or so of working, I became quite restless. Mike declined my offer to play a few rounds of foosball, citing he still has a mound of reports to wade through so I decided to see if Lisa or Carrie were back from their workout and possibly up for a game.

Knocking on their door, I hear Carrie shout, "Come in."

As soon as I enter, I stumble over Lisa's gym bag.

Picking myself up off the floor and brushing myself off, I angrily snap, "Where's Lisa?"

"She's in the shower. Are you okay, Shane?" Carrie asks, genuinely concerned I might have hurt myself when I tripped.

"Yes, I'm fine, sweetheart." I smiled at my youngest daughter, not wanting to take my anger out on her. "When Lisa gets out of the shower please tell her to come to my room straightaway."

"Sure, Shane, I'll tell her," Carrie replies sweetly.

Approximately twenty minutes later, Lisa comes to my room and I immediately unleash on her. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT LEAVING YOUR BELONGINGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR, LISA? I JUST ABOUT BROKE MY BLOODY NECK TRIPPING OVER YOUR GYM BAG A FEW MINUTES AGO!"

"What are you yelling at me for over something so stupid? It's just a little bag. It was never that serious. You're blowing this way out of proportion. I think you're still mad at Stacey and you're taking it out on me. She's the one who was dumb enough to let that walking hormone knock her up," Lisa said snidely. "Don't blame me 'cause you're pissed at teen mom and you can't punish her."

Lisa attempted to walk away from me, mistakenly thinking our discussion was over.

"You get back here, young lady! I'm not finished with you," I commanded sternly.

"WELL I'M FINISHED WITH YOU!" she shouted, leaving my room and rushing down the hall. I chased after her but she ran ahead and slammed their bedroom door in my face.

I was seething at this point. Closing my eyes, I ran my right hand down my face and took a slow deep breath before throwing their door open.

"You're going to pay for that, young lady," I stated sternly, gesturing to their door.

Lisa glared at me but remained stubbornly rooted in her spot.

"LISA! Come with me now unless you want your sister to witness the thrashing I promised you earlier," I angrily warned our second youngest daughter.

"No, Shane!" Lisa stomped her foot in defiance as she crossed her arms over her chest while standing her ground. "I'm not going anywhere," she stated firmly, as she harrumphed and turned her head, amplifying her rebellious stance.

"If you think I'm going to tolerate your disrespectful immature antics any longer, you are sadly mistaken." I narrowed my eyes as I scowled at Lisa, letting her know I meant business.

"Whatever, Shane. You're the one being immature and ridiculous, throwing a hissy fit over a gym bag."

"This is your last chance to come with me of your own accord before I begin your punishment right here, right now." Lisa should certainly know I'm not exaggerating. I won't hesitate to spank her in front of Carrie.