24 hours

Shane's room at the NJC

Julie's pov

As much as I wanted to protest, I didn't.

"Yes sir." I walked into his closet and picked up the heavy belt. I thought, it's been quite awhile since I've been punished with his Admiral's belt. I sighed, debating if there was any possible way I could get out of this spanking.

"Do you require my assistance to do as you're told, Julie?" I heard Shane call out to me from the bedroom.

Well, that puts an end to that dilemma.

"No sir," I replied, carrying the belt out to Shane and resigning myself to accept my fate with a shred of dignity. I owe Shane at least that much.

When I handed Shane the belt, he said, "Twenty-five strokes, Julie. Twenty for the drug use and five for lying to me."

Hearing that number, my dignity went out the window as I started to cry like a little girl. Shane almost never went over fifteen strokes with his Admiral's belt since it was capable of causing so much damage due to its added weight.

"Julie, look at me." Shane touched my cheek and I flinched.

Seeing the crestfallen look on his face made me instantly regret my actions but in my defense, I didn't do it on purpose. It was just...well, I guess I don't know why I flinched.

He slowly withdrew his hand.

"I need you to know I'm not doing this to hurt you." Shane swallowed the lump in his throat as he fought back tears seeing my reaction to his touch. "I'm doing this because I love you and I won't tolerate you putting yourself in danger."

Shane was about to tilt my chin up as I hung my head in shame for hurting him but he stopped himself, afraid of my reaction.

"Julie, I promise I won't take it too far or give you more than you can take. Can you trust me to do that?"

Sniffling, I nodded. I kept my head down, afraid if I saw the hurt look on his face again, I'd burst into tears.

"I need you to look at me and give me a verbal response, luv." Shane was firm in his tone but not severe.

"I trust you, Shane," I said, locking eyes with him and promptly bursting into tears, just as I knew I would. I don't know what the Hell is wrong with me. Why am I so emotional? Maybe it's just residual feelings from my panic attack or lingering side effects from the weed. "I'm sorry, I don't know..."

Cutting me off, Shane tossed his Admiral's belt on his bed and grabbed me, hugging me tightly.

"It's okay, sweetheart, I know, I know," he repeated, as he swayed me gently in his arms.

Shane's pov

I wish she was just doing this to get out of her punishment but I know she's not. If she was, at least then it wouldn't be my fault.

"You let me know when you're ready, Julie. We don't have to rush this. Alright?" I rubbed her back a few times before breaking the embrace and holding her at arm's length to await her reply.

Julie's pov

Shane looked at me expectantly. I know there's no point in putting this off. The thought of it alone is probably causing a big chunk of my anxiety. Anticipating a spanking never fails to bring on angst, afterall. Plus, I have Mike's wrath to face tomorrow as well. I sure as Hell don't want to get spanked by both of them in the same day. That might have been okay when I was younger but I'm too old for that now. Back to back spankings are a younger woman's game.