Chapter 43

Sylvie
"No! No! That could never be a possibility!"Riley shouted while walking back and forward into my room.

"Please, Riley don't agitate her!"Anthi said calmly.

"No! Do you understand what's happening right now?"

Riley's eyes were staring at Anthi with anger. She reminded me of a mother whose child is pregnant. But she is my cousin.

My tears were flowing again. I was lying on the bed, huddled up, holding my duvet, afraid and weak.

"Don't cry, Sylvie! We will make it through! You're still a young girl!" Anthi said supportively and hugged me.

"She is not a young girl anymore Anthi, don't you understand it? If she is pregnant, she won't handle it. Teenage pregnancies are very dangerous."Riley said and put her hands behind her neck.

"Riley please calm down. You shouldn't be more anxious than me!"I said to her while Anthi was holding my hand, next to me.

"I'm being anxious because you haven't thought of the consequences yet!"Riley shouted.

The maid got into the room and gave Riley a small plastic bag. Riley took a look inside the bag and then stared at the maid, confused.

"Did you bring me a thermometer? And why is it pink? Usually, thermometers are ugly!" Riley said, discomforted.

"That's a pregnancy test, Miss Riley. That's what it looks like."The maid said and got outside.

"You bought a pregnancy test?" I asked Riley surprised.

"We want to be a hundred percent sure about that, don't we?"Riley said and gave me the package.

I threw the duvet next to me and took the package. I've never touched a pregnancy test before and I didn't want the first one to be mine. But life is so unpredictable. Anthi was staring at it with attention and when I opened it I saw the instructions.

"All right give it to me. I will read them." Anthi said and took the instructions.

"It's a test girl! Go, pee on it, and wait!" Riley said and straightened her patterned hose."

I grabbed it and went into the bathroom. In my room's bathroom of course because Riley's house is like a palace. The modern ones. I took a big breath and looked at myself in the mirror.

Something is stopping me from doing it. Maybe I'm afraid of the results but I have to do it.
I had a little thought that whatever happens, Derek will be with me and we will make it through together.

But Derek is not here. He is dead and I don't know what happened with his body.

No, I shouldn't cry. It's not the perfect time. I should wait till the midnight.

Liam
I wish Stiles had given me the right address. God this house is huge. To be honest I didn't even know this young and hot fashion designer until Stiles blew my mind with much information about her.

I pressed the doorbell. The sound reminded me of a classic house of the 90s. Kind of modern but still classic. A maid opens the door.

"Who are you?" She asked.
"I am here to visit Riley's cousin. I already informed the guards."

She looked behind me and then she took a step back.

I went in and looked at the two double stairs. The maid left and crossed the narrow and long corridor between the stairs. There were several rooms, the floor tiles were white and black, and you could play chess or just see your reflection.