Chapter 36 (Hidden Secrets)

Sylvie
I opened my eyes and saw Derek's arms, around me, covering my body and keeping me warm. This was the best feeling I could ever have. Having that safety, being so sure that nothing will ruin this adorable moment. It was already dawn when Derek opened his eyes. He looked at me and seemed confused.

"Maybe we fell asleep after the long conversation about our families," I said and smiled
He didn't answer, just kept thinking of something. His gaze made me feel that he was worried.
"What is it?" I asked him
"I might have an idea......but I'm still not sure about your reaction."
"Go ahead, tell me," I said and crossed my arms in front of my chest.
"How about strengthening my pack by adding more werewolves?"Derek said.

"You mean like..... turn normal teens into werewolves?" I asked surprised
"Yes"
"Are you crazy? Don't you care about their innocence? How would you feel after changing their whole life?"
"It's the only way. It can't be just us! My pack is deficient!"
"There has to be another option!" I yelled
"We don't have another option, Sylvie! I'm not going to force you to turn them into werewolves, I am the one who will do that, so why do you care?" Derek asked me and his hand movements were aggressive.

"Everything you are doing matters for me Derek because I love you and I can't stand, watching someone blaming you for ruining his life!"
"You can't understand that I'm not strong enough. I'm an alpha and I must have a strong pack. Otherwise, it's a waste of time for me!"Derek said.

My eyes kept staring at him and my thoughts were mixed with anxiety. How could he not see that his choice could give us more problems?
"I still can't agree with your decision. Hope that you'll think logically and change your mind."I told him
"Maybe logic isn't the right way of thinking in our case," he replied.

As I was walking towards my house, I felt my school bag behind me bothering me but did not pay attention. All I was thinking was to find Anthi and ask her for more details about my bank account. If Isabel told my parents and especially my father about Derek, my life would have been ruined. It's not possible to rely on Anthi because I'm sure she won't be able to make it through with jobs and school. I want to help her.

But what exactly did Isabel say to my father? Derek is a criminal or that he's a werewolf? And how did he react? Why didn't he come here and force me to go back? What's her motivation?

The moment I unlocked the door and opened it, I felt someone pushing me forward. I fell on the floor and hit my elbow. There was a girl with a ponytail, brown hair, and grey eyes. She closed the door and approached me. I could understand who she was by her gaze. She was looking at me furiously.

"Nancy......"I snarled.
"Long time no see Sylvie! You look...amazing."

I kept staring at her and she grabbed me by the arms. She pulled me up with force and I was pushing her arms with all my strength but it didn't affect her.

We were so close that I could feel her grey eyes tearing apart my soul.  
"Why are you here?" I asked her
"Why do you think I am?"
"To kill me?"
Then she giggled and pushed me away. I fell on the stairs, panting.

"You are not a werewolf, yet. I don't kill people, only monsters. Figures that want to kill us and eat us. We kill those monsters, Sylvie, not make love with them!"

I felt so disgusted by her answer and got more furious. If looks could kill, she would be killed about four times in those five minutes.
Then I remembered that Anthi could be here.

"Where is Anthi?" I said and started running upstairs. Nancy followed me and I could feel her evil smile even if she was behind me. She was not in her bedroom and I got into mine. Everything was as I had left them.