Chapter 1

Sylvie

I opened my eyes, feeling an inch from the inside but I didn't pay attention a lot.

Today is cloudy. And Beacon Hills looks darker and farther away. Anthi and I took the suitcases out of the car and entered the house where we would live together. This particular house looked just as simple both outside and inside.

''Well, we have our own house and we are only eighteen. The time has come for us to feel and act like true adults!'' Anthi said to me and unlocked the door.

"I don't think that I left my old house like a normal adult," I muttered and grabbed my two suitcases.
The house was a bit old but simple as I said before. When you enter, you see from your right the kitchen that also has a small dining room, on the left the living room with two sofas and an armchair, directly in front, you can see the stairs. When you go upstairs you see the bathroom in front, Anthi's bedroom on the left and mine on the right. When I saw it, I thought how nice it looked. My old one was full of bad memories. But let's not think about it. My current room has a soft shade of grey which makes it look special. I have a large white closet with a door made of glass and a mirror next to it.

I went in front of it and looked at myself. My idol showed a skinny girl in black leggings, black sneakers, and a black long blouse which formed a tail from behind and reached to the locks of the foot. My hair is weak and greasy in a ponytail. My face was white and pale, it contrasted with my black hair. My eyes were swollen and you could see brown circles below. I knew this was not a decent look for an eighteen-year-old girl who was starting her new life in a new place but I intended to show to the others how I felt without pretending at all.

It started to get dark. Me and Anthi sat in the living room. The TV was off and I was trying to swallow some spoons of Mac and Cheese I made but it was hard for me to eat though. I could stay for two days unfed if Anthi doesn't remind me to eat.

"Sometimes, I will stay with my boyfriend because that's the only way I can see him. Now that he's studying we're having problems. But what about you?"Anthi said worried while she was joining her meal.
"Don't worry about me, I'm used to staying alone, aren't I?" I told her and gave her a fake smile. A smile that you could see my frustration behind it.

"Well, tomorrow is our first day at School... And our last year. And then we will graduate."Anthi said calmly.
"Yeah, so?"I asked her.
"I was just saying, you still have time to......change if you want. Your hair, your clothes....."
I looked around and tried to stay calm. But I couldn't.

"You said that, a hundred times. I don't want to change!"I almost yelled at her and placed the empty bowl of my meal on the coffee table.

"Sylvie, you were so beautiful back then. Now you seem like a depressed widow who cries every night for her lost husband. And you are still seventeen."

Well, at least I don't stare through my dusty window at the black crows, trying to find their food and save their lives. It's so melancholic.

"I don't care about that Anthi! I can't change myself again and you have to accept that." I said and stood up from the couch.

"Accept that you can't change or you don't want to change?" She asked me frowned.
I looked at her confused. She already knows the answer.
"I can't change. I don't feel strong enough for that." I said and went to the stairs.

"I'm sorry for my behavior okay? All I want is to see you happy again."
I turned my head and gave her a cold look.
"Well, that might take a long time," I said and went upstairs.

I wore a black T-shirt and blue shorts with satin cloth.
I lay on my new bed and looked around. The room isn't dark so it kind of makes me feel better.

I made a wish to have a normal life. I hoped that I could smile again. My thoughts have always haunted me.

There are times when you wish you could go back in time. Where you were wrong, you regretted your choice. But you learn to come to terms with this unjust life with people you feel dependent on. You are looking in the dark corner of your room, desperately, trying to find a way to be healed from the wounds of the past. But that is not enough. You have to seek that being who will free you from this misery. All these crimes are committed based on strong emotion. It can be anger or sadness. All these consequences, all these feelings, were created after that special desire. The passion I felt for a person or an action. Everything I go through is the consequence of my own insurmountable and paranormal desire. Of my Dark desire.

Sometimes, you feel like you are the most unlucky person in the world but maybe it's the opposite. Everything you are going through makes you stronger, isn't it? All I wanted was someone to understand me and help me overcome this. I expected a psychologist but.......it wasn't.
It was a werewolf. He changed my life and this......is my story.