Chapter 49

Sylvie

I am cold. Enough. I can't move. My vision is blurry and the ringing in my ears makes it difficult to get my bearings. My limbs are frozen. After about a minute I found myself tied to a tree in the middle of the forest, in the dark. The rope was tight enough to keep me immobilized. When panic made its entrance, I saw Isabel approaching me from my right. She looked furious.

And strong. Very strong.

She came quite close to me and stroked my cheek with a venom-filled smile. "What do you think about this place, little sister? Do you approve?"

I felt shivers from her cold touch. "Isabel, what is this? What do you think you are accomplishing with this?"

She stared at me and then made a U-turn. "Why don't you like it? Anyway, soon the others will come to find you. You know I've always been jealous that you've always had a lot of friends unlike me but now I don't mind because your friends are my friends too, Am I wrong?"

I wanted to spit in her face but decided to be diplomatic. "You had friends too. You had Nancy."

She laughed nervously. "What makes you think Nancy is my real friend? You should know then that in that thing you call friendship you've always been the main interest."

I tried to make sense of what he was saying. "What do you mean?"

She turned her head nervously. "Don't do this Isabel, don't do that Isabel, it will be bad for Sylvie, she will be traumatized Isabel, what is Sylvie doing, who is Sylvie dating, all these questions were her main lines, and I'm not gonna lie, at first I thought she loved you because you are my sister but then I was kinda shocked after I found out about the stalking."

I was staring at her, bemused. "What stalking, I don't understand anything."

"She wants to fuck you, Sylvie! I saw all the signs, the pictures of you on her phone, the way she supported you every time that something went wrong, she is obsessed with you!"

I was speechless. I tried to get over it because Isabel was never a person to trust."Let me go plea-"

She cut me off with an obscene finger gesture. "You know how hard the transformation was. Hair, hot flashes, toothaches, chills. Today is my first full moon as a werewolf and I wanted to experience it together."

Her eyes turned bright red and I saw her fangs for the first time. Her eyes were red. This means she was an alpha."Isabel, your eyes, how.... have you become..." I couldn't express it because now my panic had taken over me once again.

"Remember those Alpha twins? They made the same mistake as you when they turned me." 

She took a few steps towards me and I responded out of breath. "What kind of mistake?"

She looked into my eyes and smiled. "They undermined my powers."

There was a scratch right through my cheek, which she did with her fingernails. I couldn't take the pain and screamed.

"Damn you Isabel. You started it all. You brought the drug addict into the family and then his brother and his best friend followed. You fucked up my life and now you want to kill me and my best friend. Anthi is the best friend and sister I ever had, why would you want to hurt her?" I sobbed and she slapped me so hard I felt my left cheek on fire.

She grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her. "Because I can't stand substitutes," she shouted and then dropped to her knees abruptly.

Across from me was Nancy who had just thrown an arrow in Isabelle's back. Her screams were almost deafening. Suddenly I felt the ropes loosen and I fell into Anthi's arms. She pulled me a few feet away and when I was on my feet she handed me a wooden stick of wolfsbane. "Don't worry about me," she muttered and drew her pistol.