Chapter 3

It was almost one o'clock when I got out of the bathroom. As I dried my hair with the hair dryer, I felt it so soft. Anthi had given me a special shampoo and a conditioner. I had a long time to take care of my hair like that. When I lay down on the bed I started thinking.

What am I going to do? How will I become my old self again? Was that man right? Will I end up with depression for the second time? Is it worth trying again for a better life?
Then I fell asleep.

In the morning, as I was getting ready for school Anthi brought me a pink top and a white skirt.

"You are going to wear these. The soft shade of pink and white suits you very well, "she told me, jovially.

"Thank you for lending me your clothes," I told her
"Are you serious now? That's the least I could do. And one more thing, "she told me and brought her little bag with her cosmetics from her bedroom.
"Blush, mascara, and concealer. I want to see the result, "she smiled at me.

As I was putting on the mascara I was thinking about how well it fits on my lashes, the concealer covered my dark circles while the blush gave color to my face. I finally became beautiful.

As we walked down the street with Anthi, we were staring at the students who were passing us by and some of them seemed impatient to meet their friends and tell jokes to each other, make fun of a weird teacher, and try harder with their activities. I wish I was like those teens.

"About last night, I hope you can tell me what happened because this change was so abrupt."
"The most important thing that you need to know is that I am being myself. With today's appearance, I feel that it is me and I like that, "I replied.
That's not a lie. Even the power I found to appear like that to the school makes me feel more confident. But not confident enough to face all the weird looks.

When we entered the school, a shiver went through my body. I was very anxious. Almost trembling. I entered the history class and found out that my classmates had entered earlier than me.
Great! Now all the eyes are on me. Who's gonna sneer at me first?

Everyone was looking at me from top to bottom, but I singled out Allison and smiled at her. She returned the smile. Three boys were staring at me and I was ready to hear them criticize me.
"Are you coming dressed as an astronaut tomorrow? If you do it, we will bring a camera." "Are you indecisive?"
I did not answer just waited for the lesson to end, I wanted to get out of the school and to go meet him. I know this would be crazy. But I would like to talk to him just to show him who I am and see if he would still call me a freak.
Under other circumstances, I would have slapped myself for having the motivation to go and meet him. He lives in a burnt house, he could be a serial killer or a criminal.
Wow, Sylvie! Of course, he can be a criminal because you were hanging around with criminals almost two years ago. It's your fatal.

When I finished class, I walked out of school and went to the forest again. For some reason, I had a bad feeling. But I needed to see him. I didn't know what was happening to me.

When I finally arrived at that abandoned house, I realized how damaged it was. But how the hell can he live there? I approached the window which was open but had no glass. Suddenly I saw him doing push-ups on the floor, shirtless. Unconsciously, I hid myself in order not to see me, but continued looking at him. At that moment my heart started beating differently. I figured out that I liked what I saw. His muscles were so well formed, his arms were so strong and I felt that if they hugged me I would never leave from his arms.

Suddenly my thoughts stopped abruptly. He turned his head towards me. Then I got scared and took a few steps back. He got up, went out, and came behind me. I stood with my back to him. I didn't want him to see my face, because my tears were starting to flow down my face.

" Who are you" he asked, calmly.

Then I couldn't stand it and turned my head to face him. I kept crying
"It was harder than I thought," I told him and my voice was trembling.

That's when I first saw the features of his face. He had light green eyes and very impressive cheekbones. His face was still wild. But he was also beautiful. I think his hair makes him wilder because it's dark brown. Very handsome.

"Yesterday you told me that I have enough problems so it isn't worth changing myself and becoming a normal person instead of a freak. But today I appeared like this and the strange thing is that I like it. That's me. I couldn't get off my mind those words you said to me yesterday. Yesterday you saw me as a freak who would do anything for a little attention from others. Now what do you see? "I asked him, weeping.

"I see a beautiful girl but with a tragic past that she cannot overcome. I can see the melancholy in your eyes and the sadness. "he replied.

"How can you see through my eyes?" I asked him, looking deeply into his green eyes.

"Its a charisma. Also yesterday I wasn't talking to you I was talking to the person you were trying to show to others. So you think if I told you that you will succeed and that you are strong, you would come today with this look? "
"You're right," I told him. "Thank you."
"You're welcome," he told me
"What's your name?" I asked him
"You live in this city and you don't know me?" He asked me, frowned
"I recently came here," I said.
"I'm Derek, and you are..."
"Sylvie," I said and kept staring at his beautiful green eyes.