Chapter 40: What the heck?!

Evan

I make sure that Evy is asleep and slowly move away from her. I am still trying to process all the information she just told. I am fucking fuming right now. I get out of the room and head downstairs to see Nick in the living room. I was so angry that I could kill him on spot. But I get pulled back and I turn to see Evy. 

"Why did you leave me?" She asks.

"I thought you were asleep?" I say.

"There is a difference between pretending to be asleep and being asleep. Your just to dumb to notice!" She says and I chuckle and she smiles. Today is the most we've spoken to each other in three years. Her smile soon falters when she looks behind me, she suddenly freezes and her breathing paces up. I think she is having a panic attack. I pull her into my embrace so she could match her heartbeat to mine and calm down. She slowly comes back to her normal breathing.

"I am not going to let him do anything to you!" I whisper to her.

"He's in my fucking house because I didn't listen to him! It's all my fault. I should've just listened to him." She says. I pull and from the hug and look at her teary eyes.

"Hey, it is not your fault, you did the right thing. Just let me in and let me help you." I say.

"Just don't let him know that you know. He is more capable of doing worse than I though he was!" She says. 

"There you guys are! Why don't you join us." Ed says. I look at Ev but she looks everywhere but at me. Reluctantly she gets inside the living room and looks down. My eyes find Nick's and his whole gaze is on Ev. He licks his lips as he looks up and down her body. She looks up to meet his eyes and she unconsciously moves behind me a little. 

"It's getting late and tomorrow is a school night we should get to bed!" I say and my brothers looks at me perplexed. Evy calms a little behind me.

"Yeah, I got to get home home. I just needed to talk to Evy privately." Nick says and Evy's eyes widen.

"You can talk here!" I say but Ev interjects.

"Sure!" She says and Nick heads outside the house.

"Just don't do anything! Stay near me and if possible take a video! We need evidence." She says. I look at her like she has grown two heads.

"I am not going to take a video when you are going to be assaulted by him!" I hiss.

"What?!" Elliot says from beside me. I didn't notice him there.

"I'll explain later!" I say and turn to Evy.

"Just do what I said! Please!" She pleads and I hesitantly nod. Sh e goes out the room where Nick stands and I stand farther away to get a better look and to hear them talking but I stand far enough for him to not notice me. I take out my phone and I start taking a video.

"You disobeyed me!" He says. I can see fear in Evy's eyes but she remains calm.

"You know what I told you if you disobeyed me I would make it worse for you!" He says and she looks away.

"Fucking look at me when I am talking to you!" He hisses and grabs her jaw forcefully while she flinches because of the contact. He take a hand up and slaps her across her face and I get up to kill him when her eyes find mine to not do anything. Before I could do anything Nick slaps her again and get out of the house with her sobbing on the floor. I run to her.

"Did you get the video?" She asks with hopeful eyes.

I nod.

"I am going to kill that bastard." I say and I was about to run out the door when she melts into my embrace sobbing. I hold her tightly while she cries.

"What's going on!" I hear someone ask from behind to see John standing there.

All my other brothers come outside and one look at Evy and concern and panic covers their faces.

"We need to tell you something....