Chapter 24: Hurt twice in a day!

Things go amazing for the next two weeks.By that I mean my brothers ignore me like a plague,my step brothers and cousins love me more than they love themselves.Things with Xander are more than amazing.At last it is a Friday.My brothers and cousins are throwing a party since I allowed them.Evan still ignores me.

After school I make my way to the parking lot when I freeze.I see Xander kissing Jessica!What the hell!Xander sees me and then his eyes go wide.

"Lee!"He says pushing Jessica away who just has a smug smile on her face.I turn and leave.

"It's not what you think!"He says.

"Really, I think I just saw you kissing the one girl I can't tolerate at all.You just hurt me again and again!"I say and get on my motorcycle and leave.I am so hurt, I trusted him.But like everyone he also broke my trust.Again.

I get home.I go upstairs and start crying in the bathroom.But soon I wipe my tears and repeat my mantra.

He is not worth my tears!

Erick

"Are you going tell us where you went for three years!"I ask my twin.

"No!"He says and sighs.

"At least you can tell Evy!"I say, he used to tell her everything.

"Why would I do that!She is the reason why I went missing!"He says and if Everly heard this I know she would break.They loved each other the most even when they deny it.

"Then at least talk to me!"I plead.

"Look!I don't want to relive it and I will talk about it when I am ready."He says and I drop it.I try everyday but he says the same line everyday implying me to drop the conversation.I sigh.

There is a knock on the door but my brothers or any boys in this house don't knock.

I open the door and I see Everly with her eyes puffy but she covered it up with make up and her eyes are also bloodshot.She has been crying and for some reason it breaks my heart that she has to hide and cry.

"Elliot wants you downstairs for some party arrangement."She says and there is sadness in her voice.Why was she crying?

She tries to leave when Evan grabs her elbow at she look at him surprised.

"Why were you crying?"He asks.

She looks like she was about to talk about it but she puts on that annoying mask that even Evan does.

"I doesn't matter!"She says quietly and leaves.

Everly

The party started an hour ago and our house is filled with half the people from our school and most of the teenagers from the next town.

I just stay in my room.I am still processing what I saw this afternoon.How could he do that??

I got several missed calls from him and his brothers.He even texted me.

Xan:Please just talk to me, it is not what it looks like!

Xan:Stop ignoring me!Dammit!

Xan:Please!You know I would never do anything like that!

Xan:I love you!Trust me Lee!Just listen to me once!

I stop reading his texts after that message.He knows he was the only one I trusted more than anything, but like the people in my life he used it to his advantage.And he loves me, how can he still say that after what he did to me.He doesn't even get what love is, to him it is a meaningless word but to me it is the opposite.

The door slams open breaking me from my thoughts for a second I think it was Ethan but I am surprised when I see Jessica there with a smug grin.My surprise turns into anger.

"Get out!"I shout.

"I warned you to stay away from Xander and the Astor brothers!But you didn't listen to me!"She fake pouts.

"Shut up and get out!"I shout.

"Well now I am going to tell you that The Astor Brothers are just using you to get to your brothers but one thing they don't know is that your brothers don't care about you!They never did."

They never cared about you.That plays repeatedly in my mind.

"Your lying!"I say.

"Oh I knew you would say that!So I got proof!"She says and hands me her phone where I see a video and I press play.My step brothers are talking to each other.

"We get close to Everly and that would piss the Williams and then we break her.We give her false hope that we lover her and she could trust us but we break her so bad that she can't fix herself!"John says.

They all agree and I can't believe my own eyes.Why did I ever trust them?!I am so pathetic!This was all a play!

Jessica snatches her phone from my hands and still has that smug smile on her face.

One thing they all don't know is that you can't break someone who is already broken.

Jessica leaves the room and I cry like I have never before.I was hurt twice in a day.