Chapter 23 ~ Deals Made

Chapter 23: Deals Made
~

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

I smiled up at Torian, nodding enthusiastically. "I did. Your sister is a very good fighter. I look forward to learning more from her."

"I could teach you too. Once you are more settled, we can do whatever you like. Sometimes I go hunting for days, it would be nice to have my mate by my side next time." He was smiling too and I found myself relaxing into his side.

"In your fur?"

He nodded, noting the uncertainty in my tone. "Like I said, I will teach you. We all had to learn."

I sighed lightly but tried to push away the feeling of unworthiness. Most of the pack probably learnt when they were children, pups. I was glad that the others couldn't hear our conversation. They'd give me their looks of pity that only furthered my doubts.

It had been a good day. I'd felt like I fit in for once as I'd watched men and women alike spar and joke with eachother. They were all more than happy to include me and not one seemed to think less of me for my upbringing or heritage. It was also nice to feel the ache of well used muscle as we walked home. The sun was still bright and warm even as it sank low in the sky. My stomach was rumbling though and I was eager to devour as much food as I could.

If I'd thought I had a hefty appetite before, I was ravenous now. Torian had explained earlier that was to be expected. Wolves ate far more than humans.

I took a deep breath of fresh air, trying to soak in the wilderness before we got back. Owen and Torian's siblings trailed ahead of us, disappearing as they rounded the next bend. Before I could order Torian to walk faster so we wouldn't be left behind, a hand came over my mouth and I was tugged non too gently behind a thick oak tree. Panic flared for just a moment, gaze narrowing on the hazel eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Finally," he whispered, removing his hand from my mouth, leaning in closer. "Privacy."

He fixed my confusion with a kiss that had me melting into the bark pressed against my back. My fingers tangled into Torian's shirt, pulling him impossibly closer as he stole everything I knew about myself with the press of his lips against mine.

He untucked the shirt from my breeches, calloused fingers tracing over the curve of my waist. I shivered, leaning further back against the tree to give him better access. His lips left mine but before I could protest, teeth nipped my mark. I gasped as my teeth lengthened, fangs pressing against my bottom lip. My fingers tangled in dark blond hair and Torian pressed his hard body against the softness of mine.

His neck was bared for me. If I leaned in a little, I could give into instincts that were demanding I sink my teeth into his skin and claim him as mine. Was this how Torian had felt since our wedding? I could understand his need to keep distance between us now. The sensations he was causing were overwhelming me. Another gasp when he boldly cupped the weight of a breast in his hand, a mewl slipping from my lips when his thumb brushed over my nipple.

Too much.

"Torian, I. . ."

"Hush, don't think. Feel," he ordered gently, blurring my thoughts completely as he pinched pebbled flesh.

My back arched and the throbbing between my legs was becoming unbearable. Pressing my thighs together, there wasn't the friction I needed. Torian's lips found mine again and I kissed him, desperate for something unknown to me. With a low, rumbling growl, he pressed his knee between my thighs and a bolt of pleasure shot right through me. I stilled, breathless. Uncertain.