Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is so short, this scene couldn't really fit in with the chapters before it or after it.

Dominic's POV

I leave the abandoned building with Ace, my fist bloodied and lip busted. Samuel and Moses won't be a problem for Sephie ever again. From the example I just set, no one else will be either.

I drop Ace off before going back home. I want to go back to the hospital to be with Sephie, but Rocky needs to be fed and I have an important phone call to make. As soon as I come into the house, Rocky is at the door, rubbing his little head against my legs. Poor guy has been here by himself all day. I open a can of cat food and put it in his bowl, giving his soft head a quick scratch. Then I pick up my phone and dial the number I have known since childhood.

"Dominic! How are you doing, honey?" My mother's voice answers sweetly.

"Not good," I admit. "Sephies's in the hospital. She was attacked."

"Oh no, poor Sephie! I'm so sorry, dear," Mom says sympathetically.

"She's healing very fast but that's not why I called."

"What is it then," She asks.

"Mom, is there any way I can get grandma's old wedding ring?"

"Oh my god! Are you proposing!?" She squeals like a little girl.

"Yeah, Mom. Sephie the one, I know it. She's my forever," I tell her. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I want to spend my life with Sephie. When we were in that hospital room after I broke the news of the miscarriage and I told her that we can try again one day, I meant it. I want Sephie to be the one I spend my life with and I want her to be the one who has my children.

"I'm so happy for you guys. My little boy has finally found happiness," Mom says, sniffling. "I still have your grandmother's ring. I'll have it over to you as soon as possible."

"Thank you, Mom. I love you," I tell her.

"I love you too. Tell Sephie I said hello."

With that, I disconnect and go back out to see Sephie at the hospital.